Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Not my android home (some of us here are cross platform users) but attractive nether the less ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417429248.652896.jpg

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
I'm an iPhone user and I never thought id consider going back to android... But some of these pics are looking absolutely stunning. If the performance of lollipop matches it's looks then I am seriously considering android for my next phone.

Can anyone comment on the polish of lollipop? One of my biggest gripes with my experience of android is the sudden page switches and jarring transitions.

I think Android 4.2+ really improved the polish of Android to make it comparable to iOS. 4.4 made it equal and I think 5.0 is the same. Just make sure you get a good phone, and one without a skinned OEM version. My personal recommendation is a 2014 Moto X. Motorolas purchasing process is the best in the industry, their customer service is top notch and they make some superb phones. And the Moto X is $140 off for cyber monday. And where else can you get a phone with a real wood or leather back with metal trim for $360 not to mention its specs.

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Pretty obvious since Android is closer to the power and customizability of desktop OS. Even with the new iOS 8 I can't even do something as basic and common as placing icons anywhere I want on the home screen since it forces top down which is ergonomically bad design since top is less reachable than bottom.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
Pretty obvious since Android is closer to the power and customizability of desktop OS. Even with the new iOS 8 I can't even do something as basic and common as placing icons anywhere I want on the home screen since it forces top down which is ergonomically bad design since top is less reachable than bottom.

Is that true ?

I haven't owned an iPhone since the 3G. But if that's true, what a frigging sad joke, Apple doesn't even allow the most simple basic tweaks. Ugh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.