Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mike330R

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2010
What file format would they need to be if you anted to make your own?

And where would you out them in the phone to be able to use them?

xcel360

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2008
WPB, Fl

bella92108

macrumors 68000
Mar 1, 2006
I noticed in a couple other threads people commenting about battery drain. The nature of solid-state memory to me makes me believe that the 2-3 mb of decreased RAM this thing uses doesn't consume battery any faster than a solid wallpaper, but it has to reload the movie every 10 seconds, so that'd seem like it uses processor, but how much?

Anyone who's got benchmarks showing video background vs a static wallpaper image and it's affect on battery performance? If nobody else has done it I'll do an "unofficial test" ... doesn't have to be anything fancy tho, just looking to see if anyone's noticed a battery drain, and if so, how substantial?

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL
I noticed in a couple other threads people commenting about battery drain. The nature of solid-state memory to me makes me believe that the 2-3 mb of decreased RAM this thing uses doesn't consume battery any faster than a solid wallpaper, but it has to reload the movie every 10 seconds, so that'd seem like it uses processor, but how much?

Anyone who's got benchmarks showing video background vs a static wallpaper image and it's affect on battery performance? If nobody else has done it I'll do an "unofficial test" ... doesn't have to be anything fancy tho, just looking to see if anyone's noticed a battery drain, and if so, how substantial?

I have been using the Nexus live wallpaper fr a few days and have not noticed a difference in my battery life.

jarrodtb

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2007
Name it "Wallpaper.mp4"
Put it in a folder
Give the folder a name

Put it in var/stash/Themes

This would be use the wallpaper in winterboard, right? Is there a way to SSH the video wallpaper to a location and use it natively, without the aid of winterboard?

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
ElectricBlue

Here is the one I found and love! It is called ElectricBlue in Cydia. Here is a YouTube Video. And a few screenshots from my iPhone.

There is an occasional lag and BE WARNED...Auto shut off does not work, you must manually put your iPhone to sleep, unless someone can tell me how to change that problem.

Attachments

• 001.PNG
    001.PNG
    530.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 002.PNG
    002.PNG
    708.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 003.PNG
    003.PNG
    379.3 KB · Views: 90

Bassir

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2008
All these wallpapers are so obtrusive, I was hoping for simple waterfalls or dynamic landscapes or something.

What is all this? I don't want a seizure, I want eye-candy.

pintnight

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2008
All these wallpapers are so obtrusive, I was hoping for simple waterfalls or dynamic landscapes or something.

What is all this? I don't want a seizure, I want eye-candy.
Have you looked at "Space Grid" or "BluePlasma"?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community

Attachments

• IMG_0001.PNG
    IMG_0001.PNG
    575.3 KB · Views: 120

RMXO

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2009
Here is the one I found and love! It is called ElectricBlue in Cydia. Here is a YouTube Video. And a few screenshots from my iPhone.

There is an occasional lag and BE WARNED...Auto shut off does not work, you must manually put your iPhone to sleep, unless someone can tell me how to change that problem.

Wow, very nice. Love that dock. Where can I get it at?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.