Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
Using the defaults one, customized for me.

The first one every day, the second one at dinners, special parties, weddings...
1.png 2.png

BigBlockEntertainment

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2016
Good Job Cycling Asia

Is there any way you can use the TestFlight app for us that cant get XCode?

I have a few Dev that send me Apps this way to test.

Morning all,
To be honest, I'm too lazy to set up a github account. So here is the code (attached zip).

1. Open a terminal and create a directory
2. Copy the downloaded tarball to the directory
3. Extract the tarball: unzip Hermez.zip
4. run the prepare.sh script to set a new bundle identifier (I've found issues when self signing apps with other people's identifier)
5. open the project file in Xcode 7.1 or above
6. attach your iPhone and select it as the target for the Hermez app
7. run the app, this will build and sign the app (google on how to fix issues) and then install on the watch
8. once you get the app running on the phone, the watch app should be available to install on your watch. If you haven't got you phone to automatically install watch apps, go to the watch setup app on your phone and install the Hermez app
9. when installed on your watch, you should be able to launch it.
10. In your watch settings, set the action for raise on wrist to "last opened app" (or something like that)

Anyway, if you want a different watch face, just change the bg-default@2x.jpg in the Hermez\ Watchkit\ App directory with the one you prefer.

Enjoy

EDIT: I thought I would share a new background for the app.

View attachment 622967

Cycling Asia

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2016
Good Job Cycling Asia

Is there any way you can use the TestFlight app for us that cant get XCode?

I have a few Dev that send me Apps this way to test.

To quote Apple regarding the TestFlight app: "Apps made available to external testers require a Beta App Review and must comply with the full AppStore Review Guidelines before testing can begin."

And further to that, as Apple has stated that any apple watch app who's primary purpose is to display the time will be rejected, it is not possible to make the app available through TestFlight.

Finally I wouldn't really bother with this app, it never really operated well, had issues displaying the wrong time when waking (due to the watch remaining what had been displayed upon sleep and redisplaying that), there are a bunch of other hacks in it and it was always a few seconds off.

I'd done a lot of work since first uploading here, pre rendering the hands, calculating time spent rendering, etc in order to get the seconds hand as close to the watch's seconds, but it was always up to 1/2 second out, and with the resume issues still there, I got sick of it. I eventually went back to using the utility watch face. One day I woke up and after squinting at the watch trying to work out the date, I thought to myself that this is a digital watch, why am I subjecting myself to a fake analog watch? I then switched back to the modular face and have everything I want in a nice big font.

So, in keeping with the purpose of this thread, attached is my current watch face. A digital watch face for a digital watch.

(Wanting an analog watch face on an Apple Watch is like wanting scanlines on digital TV)

IMG_4595.PNG

Reactions: AppleKarma

df22799

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2012
not really a custom watch face, but as "experts" can someone please help me how to re-create this face I had after first boot? (somehow I cannot set the blue colouring, just the plain white and style on the simple face)

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 785

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
not really a custom watch face, but as "experts" can someone please help me how to re-create this face I had after first boot? (somehow I cannot set the blue colouring, just the plain white and style on the simple face)
It's not really blue, it just looks blue around the seconds track when photographed.

df22799

macrumors member
Feb 11, 2012
thanks for replying, initially I thought the same, but look at the hour markers right next to the seconds; those are clearly white next to blue seconds track. I really cannot understand it why I can`t reproduce it. There was no software update in between.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.