Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amitface

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
Florida
After some bad experiences, some people in the yellow thread are starting to believe that all SR MBPs have the yellow-at-the-bottom-of-the-screen problem.

Please prove us wrong:

note - if your screen looks yellow at an angle, but fine when you look at it straight on, you do not have the problem!!

ScottDrummer

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2007
Canada
I think this forum needs some moderation,there are way too many threads about the same issues and variants of the issue and people asking whether they have an issue or a variant of an issue. Now there are people asking whether you dont have a particular issue, there is just way too much crap to sift through on there to find any relevent information. Most of the issues threads are by paranoid people thinking they have issues due to other people raising so many threads about a particular issue, in some cases scarmongering that all machines have a particular issue.

now if your still reading, get a life and get on with owning and enjoying your mac rather than being anal about every square nanometer of your machine pointing out every single slight discrepency which may have no actual disadvantage to your use of the machine.

And for the record mine does not have a "yellow tint issue" nor any other "issue"

Trepex

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2007
Ottawa, Canada
I think this forum needs some moderation,there are way too many threads about the same issues and variants of the issue and people asking whether they have an issue or a variant of an issue. Now there are people asking whether you dont have a particular issue, there is just way too much crap to sift through on there to find any relevent information. Most of the issues threads are by paranoid people thinking they have issues due to other people raising so many threads about a particular issue, in some cases scarmongering that all machines have a particular issue.

now if your still reading, get a life and get on with owning and enjoying your mac rather than being anal about every square nanometer of your machine pointing out every single slight discrepency which may have no actual disadvantage to your use of the machine.

And for the record mine does not have a "yellow tint issue" nor any other "issue"

Yes. PLEASE. This has gotten ridiculous. There needs to me some major thread pruning or at least merging...

mayoko185

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2007
Also agree with the last two...

PS. mine didint need replacing it never had the yellow tint issue ;)

Thetinguy

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2007
My screen looks fine and even colored. At an angle it's a little blue but I think that turning down the color temperature would fix this.

PDE

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2005
Agreed that there are too many threads on the same issue, BUT please don't underestimate the issue for those who have it. I saw an awful samsung version at tekserve and it had significant yellowing in the lower portion. If I had received that, I'd be angry and unhappy. This is not just in people's imagination.

ScottDrummer

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2007
Canada
Agreed that there are too many threads on the same issue, BUT please don't underestimate the issue for those who have it. I saw an awful samsung version at tekserve and it had significant yellowing in the lower portion. If I had received that, I'd be angry and unhappy. This is not just in people's imagination.

Im not underestimating the "yellow tint " issue as I can understand this is a show stopped for many people. Im just talking about the amount of repetetive threads on here about the same issues. If you notice in my rant I wasnt being specific to the yellow tint issue, I was simply using this thread as an example

amitface

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
Florida
Thanks to everyone for replying to this thread but not contributing at all. Six replies and you'd expect something worthwhile, but it ends up being exactly what I expected.

I agree that there have been too many threads about this, but there have also been too many computers with defective screens. If you had a problem with your mac (and I notice that no one in this thread did), you wouldn't be complaining about the multitude of threads on the subject, because you would be hoping to find a solution.

Let us unlucky ones try to find hope, because I know I'm not the only one that is regretting his switch from PC to Apple.

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
There have indeed been way too many threads about this. The simple solution is - if you've bought something that's faulty or you're not happy with it, get a refund or an exchange.

To answer your original question - yes I did have the bottom 1/3 yellow screen on my first MBP but no it wasn't replaced with a perfect one. It had other issues which was why I returned it, not solely due to the yellowing. The replacement had other issues, as did the replacement for that. Finally my 4th machine is fantastic.

Good luck, hope you find a decent replacement.

mayoko185

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2007
Thanks to everyone for replying to this thread but not contributing at all. Six replies and you'd expect something worthwhile, but it ends up being exactly what I expected.

I agree that there have been too many threads about this, but there have also been too many computers with defective screens. If you had a problem with your mac (and I notice that no one in this thread did), you wouldn't be complaining about the multitude of threads on the subject, because you would be hoping to find a solution.

Let us unlucky ones try to find hope, because I know I'm not the only one that is regretting his switch from PC to Apple.
Its fine to complain when you have an issue but the whole point of everyone complaining here is that there is a dozen other topics already for this issue.

Trepex

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2007
Ottawa, Canada

Thanks for again missing our point. No one is saying the situation doesn't suck. We're simply asking that you post in an existing thread instead of creating yet another thread about the exact same thing.

amitface

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2007
Florida
Thanks for again missing our point. No one is saying the situation doesn't suck. We're simply asking that you post in an existing thread instead of creating yet another thread about the exact same thing.

I understand your point, but once people get a replacement and then get a machine they are satisfied with, they stop looking in the threads about problems, and so no one gets any questions answered. Instead, we keep seeing dozens of threads titled "yay my MBP is perfect!" (which is equally annoying, and there have been an equal number of other threads asking people if they have perfect computers) That doesn't help us a bit.

Sorry for creating this thread. I did not want to cause trouble, just wanted some answers.

ejrizo

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2007
Los Angeles
i just got a new Mac Book Pro and i havent seemed to notice anything... is the yellowing obvious? and also how do you find out what screen you have... Samsung or LG? i checked the system Profiler and all it says is LCD i believe?

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
LG seems to have most of the good quality screens. Anyone with Samsungs satisfied?

FuzzMunky

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2007
Amitface: I am in complete agreement with you and your intelligent motives for starting this thread. Many people are now saying in the other threads that every LED MBP has the bottom 3rd yellowing issue, the only difference is that some people don't notice or aren't as fussy. So your logic is to ask people who have been sensitive enough to notice in the first place (to have sent it back) to confirm if they ever received a non yellowed screen. This is a different negative affirmation than was received for the multitude of other less cunning questions which simply asked if you have had a problem with yellowing in bottom 3rd of screen.

I also fully support your rationale that you required a new thread in order to appeal to those who no longer visit the bloated "yellowing" thread.

To everyone else who has not aided in answering this valuable question, and has instead complained about the amount of chaff filling these threads, I have news for you: It is YOUR posts which are the trivial waste of space you complain about and now greatly contribute to the fragmentation of this once focussed topic. If questions were left to be answered specifically, then there would be no need to complain. I'm speaking specifically now to you ScottDrummer since you were first to contribute criticisms with your dulled analysis as to the necessity of such a thread. I apologise if I am further fragmenting this thread, but I wholeheartedly agree with the validity of amitface and his initial decision to post this way. Now please, can we have some serious people answer the original question as asked?

teerexx52

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2005
Florida West Coast
After some bad experiences, some people in the yellow thread are starting to believe that all SR MBPs have the yellow-at-the-bottom-of-the-screen problem.

Please prove us wrong:

note - if your screen looks yellow at an angle, but fine when you look at it straight on, you do not have the problem!!

No, I returned mine and got a second one the same. Returned it and got a MacBook which I really like. Screen is great. I'm going to wait until this issue is solved for sure before I look at the Pro again

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
I got it replaced and it still has the yellowing issue.

I plan on just calling it into AppleCare when I see less of these types of threads and just have them replace the screen. IMO, replacing it over and over is no fun for me since each time I have have them transfer my files over, I might as well just have them replace the individual part when they fix the problem with better screens.

ScottDrummer

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2007
Canada
Amitface: I am in complete agreement with you and your intelligent motives for starting this thread. Many people are now saying in the other threads that every LED MBP has the bottom 3rd yellowing issue, the only difference is that some people don't notice or aren't as fussy. So your logic is to ask people who have been sensitive enough to notice in the first place (to have sent it back) to confirm if they ever received a non yellowed screen. This is a different negative affirmation than was received for the multitude of other less cunning questions which simply asked if you have had a problem with yellowing in bottom 3rd of screen.

I also fully support your rationale that you required a new thread in order to appeal to those who no longer visit the bloated "yellowing" thread.

To everyone else who has not aided in answering this valuable question, and has instead complained about the amount of chaff filling these threads, I have news for you: It is YOUR posts which are the trivial waste of space you complain about and now greatly contribute to the fragmentation of this once focussed topic. If questions were left to be answered specifically, then there would be no need to complain. I'm speaking specifically now to you ScottDrummer since you were first to contribute criticisms with your dulled analysis as to the necessity of such a thread. I apologise if I am further fragmenting this thread, but I wholeheartedly agree with the validity of amitface and his initial decision to post this way. Now please, can we have some serious people answer the original question as asked?

Contradiction there i think.
I made one post to save many, at least I didnt start a new thread.
put it like this, if you were looking for information on a particular issue, would you be happy to sift through repetitive comments which are unneccesary to finally find what your looking for.
Whilst I dont disagree with content of the thread, if youd read my post(and many others) you would see my problem is with the amount of threads about the same issue, asking the same questions.
I completly agree there is a need to monitor and record who and how many people have this certain common issues and to share information but to do so in a manor that creates a bulk of threads that are difficult to read through and keep track of is unconstructive.

This forum needs moderation, the clue is in the word.

wako

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
If you honestly hate these types of threads MAYBE you should stop posting in them and simply let them die. You are only boosting them back to the top.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.