Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jalman11

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2009
Hello,

So I jailbroke my device and have installed the following items. I'm experiencing several battery loss and am willing to remove some thing to make it better.

BiteSMS
Lockinfo (I've heard this is a drain)
Winterboard (I've ONLY changed my SMS sounds)
MyWi 4.3.4 (Installed by hardly used thus far)
SBSettings
iFile (how could this be a drain)
FakeCarrier (How could this be a drain)
AppSync for OS 4.x
OpenSSH

Any input would hlep.

Perhaps I should try and recalibrate the battery now that im done customizing my phone??

It's gone from 96-84 in approximately an hour of intermittent use.

Much appreciated.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
there is another thread bouncing around than suggests SBSetting is the culprit as it uses a dependency on activator causing battery drain as the programs run in the back ground.

lewys

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
London
Hello,

So I jailbroke my device and have installed the following items. I'm experiencing several battery loss and am willing to remove some thing to make it better.

BiteSMS
Lockinfo (I've heard this is a drain)
Winterboard (I've ONLY changed my SMS sounds)
MyWi 4.3.4 (Installed by hardly used thus far)
SBSettings
iFile (how could this be a drain)
FakeCarrier (How could this be a drain)
AppSync for OS 4.x
OpenSSH

Any input would hlep.

Perhaps I should try and recalibrate the battery now that im done customizing my phone??

It's gone from 96-84 in approximately an hour of intermittent use.

Much appreciated.

better battery than mine

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
I have LockInfo and biteSMS Installed. Because i have LockInfo installed it also installs Activator.

No issues thus far - have push/fetch turned off though and notifications are off for the entire device. I don't use them. Screen brightness 60%.

Seems to be almost the same as pre-JB.

edit: oops and iBlacklist with 7 numbers being blocked 24/7.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Your battery sounds fine. Besides, it is going to take much more use to really tell you. Winterboard and Lockinfo can drain the battery. The more junk you add, the more lag, and the more drain. Anyway, post what you’re actually using the phone for and how long and what is all turned on (Bluetooth for example), but wait a few days to really have the info needed to tell you how your battery is.

Jnardis

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2010
This could be totally mental, but I turned off the OpenSSH toggle and my battery has been lasting longer than when the toggle was on. Do a search for "Battery tested after JB". You should find some good info there.

moussekateer

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
Bad idea though turning off SSH. You have no way to SSH into your phone if you need to after something goes wrong. SSHing is one of the reasons to jailbreak.

SSH turns itself on when you reboot the phone so it's fine to turn it off when not in use, and in fact recommended.

badpinoy

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2007
currently installed

-SSH
-biteSMS
-lockinfo
-SBSettings

i've been using my phone as normal and i have about 74 (1 hour 48 min usage, standby 8 hours 11 min). i think it might be the settings on lockinfo. I just have my mail and weather app running. but both of them are updated at my discretion. actually i wanted the weather app to update every hour, but its only updates when i tell it too.

crawfish963

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2010
Texas
FWIW I have had an increase in battery life since jailbreaking. When fully charged at night, my batter still shows 100% the following morning when I wake up.

I have:

SBSettings
Winterboard
Activator
MIM
mywi
my3g
Rock
Poof
Reminder
iFile
AptBackup

iamthekiller

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
FWIW I have had an increase in battery life since jailbreaking. When fully charged at night, my batter still shows 100% the following morning when I wake up.

I have:

SBSettings
Winterboard
Activator
MIM
mywi
my3g
Rock
Poof
Reminder
iFile
AptBackup

That just means your battery display isn't working properly. There's no way after installing winterboard and some other **** that I have no idea what it is, that you would have better battery.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
SSH turns itself on when you reboot the phone so it's fine to turn it off when not in use, and in fact recommended.

Installing openSSH turns on the ability to SSH into your phone. If the settings have it turned off, you won’t be able to get into your phone. Rebooting has nothing to do with it, that is, it doesn’t turn off SSH when you have openSSH installed, just because you reboot. That doesn’t even make sense. The setting in SBSettings turns off openSSH, nothing else.

vladzaharia

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
Installing openSSH turns on the ability to SSH into your phone. If the settings have it turned off, you won’t be able to get into your phone. Rebooting has nothing to do with it, that is, it doesn’t turn off SSH when you have openSSH installed, just because you reboot. That doesn’t even make sense. The setting in SBSettings turns off openSSH, nothing else.

No, that does make sense. SBSettings will kill sshd (The SSH Daemon, or the server). sshd is automatically started up as part of the iPhone boot sequence, by launchd (The Launch Daemon).

It's like any other computer. The reason Finder starts up every time you start up OS X is because launchd is starting it up. Similar for explorer.exe on Windows-based systems. If you had a server, init starts all your services (Like Apache/httpd, MySQL/mysqld, etc.) up on load as well.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

Yes, you're very close.
Yes installing openssh gives you the ability to SSH into your filesystem.
If you turn off SSH thru sbsetting for example like you said noone will be able to log in.
But each time you restart or respring the iphone SSH automaticly turns on again on its own even if you turned it off before you restarted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.