Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iLikeMyiMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2004
St. Louis
Chip NoVaMac said:
Point of information: In many states it is illegal to ride in the bed of a pick-up, without approved seats (think the Brat seats met the laws of the time).
Yes but if you lay down in the bed the cops can't see you. ;)
I really only ride in the bed of a pickup when I'm in field and going 10 mph.

AssassinOfGates

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
A cardboard box.
B0001NDZQW.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Nuff said.

Roger1

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2002
Michigan
iMeowbot said:
Oh. I had a truck like that too! 1978(?) Chevy LUV (Isuzu pickup to the rest of the world). By the time it was through, it was several shades of gray and blue, the floors and fenders had this nice stucco look from unsanded fiberglass sheets and mud slapped on, and lots of that polyurethane foam to keep the rain out.

It was never a thing of beauty, this was about as basic as a little truck can get, without a radio or even a headliner. It did have a heater, though, and since there was no weight and a standard transmission it was a blast to drive.

The truck make its way to the junkyard on its own power, but when they picked it up with a fork truck the entire thing broke in half; apparently there was nothing left of the frame between the cab and bed. "OMG I was just driving that?!!"

Mine went to the bone yard on a flatbed. It still ran like a top, but another ( :eek: ) brake line rusted through. I would have had to replace the entire brake line system in order for them to work correctly. Oh, and it was missing a gas tank and the other gas tank could only be filled to about 3/8 of a tank, because it had a hole rusted in it. But it was fun to drive. :D

Raid

macrumors 68020
Feb 18, 2003
Toronto
iLikeMyiMac said:

This is what gets me about modifiying your car, it has to have form AND function. The first pic on this thread was a good example, that big ram air scoop going into what looked like a 4 inch pipe that probably didn't go through the hood... Now I see the VW above, and there are more exhaust tips coming out of that car then exhaust ports in the engine! Dumb, just really Dumb.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
Here are a few pics from a horrible car show in Chicago a last year - I only went to the show to see DJ QBert spin - amazing turntablist - horrible car mods - I have many pics I could post but here's a few of the ugliest

Attachments

• DCP_0053.jpg
    DCP_0053.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 286

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
click on this one to see the "masterful" paint job under the hood! Ugh.

Attachments

• DCP_0061.jpg
    DCP_0061.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 217

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
Ok - the mod to the outside of this car was hideous but I had to shoot the interior - this 50 yr old guy and his son modded this car so you could play video games on the lcds in the visors - strange but oddly alluring and the father/son bonding over this project was very cool.

Attachments

• DCP_0064.jpg
    DCP_0064.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 199
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.