Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mobilemaduk

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012
I bought this STM case 2 months ago and I knew that I was very happy with what I chose. I'm a road cyclist and I also run to keep me in shape and today while running, I dropped my phone on the ground while running.

I forgot to zip the pocket of my vest where my phone was and after a few miles, I felt a tug on my headset and there it was, my phone dropped few feet in front of me. I picked it up and to my surprised only the case got some scuffs but nothing to the phone at all.

I had the STM harbour case in for review and really liked it too.

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT

Thank you...that looks like the one. My concern would be if I had to stack the lightning adapter on top of the 30 pin to lightning adapter and then place iPhone with a narrow port case on top of all of that into my iHome alarm clock or Bose dock. Now you kind of have the iPhone flopping about and putting strain on the port. Think I will stay with cases that companies have taken the time to develop correctly.

Thanks again for the link!

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
41f6b9s%2BLfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The mrs bought me it for Christmas :D

ogamiitto

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2013
Anybody using the black Incase slider for the iPhone 5? How's it holding up?

i had a black incase slide for my 4. it was a matt, soft touch finish with a metallic finish for the bottom half. in the year i had it the finish was wearing off on parts of the case. i certainly hope they improved that on their version for the 5.

xMClass

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2011
California
i had a black incase slide for my 4. it was a matt, soft touch finish with a metallic finish for the bottom half. in the year i had it the finish was wearing off on parts of the case. i certainly hope they improved that on their version for the 5.

Had the same problem, that's why I was asking. I had to throw out my slider for the 4 because of the matte finish rubbing off.

King Julian

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2011
Well so far I swap between a few cases dependant on what I am doing be it day to day use, business or looking for robustness. Here is my collection so far more on the way

Attachments

• 2012_1110XMAS0151.JPG
    2012_1110XMAS0151.JPG
    388.1 KB · Views: 208
  • 2012_1110XMAS0139.JPG
    2012_1110XMAS0139.JPG
    532.5 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_4589.jpg
    IMG_4589.jpg
    393.9 KB · Views: 179

SweetDove

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2012
I got this really cute looking otterbox.

I'm pretty clutzy and I tend to drop things often, so I knew I wanted a protective case. I got the defender, which is a bit bulky, but it really doesn't bother me. But! I found it in a really pretty blue color, since I wasn't fond of the plain solid colors.

Here is a site photo of the case since I don't have a good photo of my own.

OBCollage-300x265.png

dinesh29888

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2012
Spigen Air Ultra thin case. Black. With Spigen screen protector.

url]

How is the fit ? I have heard they are a bit loose
What all accessories you got with them ? Does it come with the jelly home button like the glas.t ?
The pics looks very nice I have ordered one form eBay will be receiving it next week.

pat park

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2011
California
How is the fit ? I have heard they are a bit loose
What all accessories you got with them ? Does it come with the jelly home button like the glas.t ?
The pics looks very nice I have ordered one form eBay will be receiving it next week.

The fit is tight. After I installed the back skin, the case won't fit properly. I gave it to my wife and she's using it on her white iPhone 5.

No buttons. Just one of the clear screen shields. I'm rocking the naked look for now.

mackandproud

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2008
Cool case there - have to admit I also had a black Speck Grip case (the black & grey version) but found the constant in and outing from my jeans pockets, eventually made the rubber grip parts on the back, flake and pull away from the case - which now looks a complete mess...!!

Plus it's quite difficult to remove the phone from the case from what I understand.

I'm likely opting for a belkin case.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
Cool case there - have to admit I also had a black Speck Grip case (the black & grey version) but found the constant in and outing from my jeans pockets, eventually made the rubber grip parts on the back, flake and pull away from the case - which now looks a complete mess...!!

My case looks perfect. In and out of my pockets since launch day.

kaikai830

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2010
Just got this case today and really liking it.

Attachments

• DSC01867.JPG
    DSC01867.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 236
  • DSC01868.JPG
    DSC01868.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 235
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.