Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gamoe

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2006
Though I've posted my setup elsewhere, I think the MacRumors people deserve a look, too. Truth is, I'm rather proud and happy with it. I got this MacBook shortly after the last revision in November, but have just got it set up the way I like it, and have transferred all my stuff from my old Mac (an eMac w/a broken CRT to the left on the first photo) to my new MacBook.

Workstation-BroadView.jpg

Most of my workstation (I need to get the proper lens to photograph it all!)

Workstation-MacBook.jpg

The central attraction.

Workstation-Cables.jpg

A total of six cables make this notebook Mac a desktop Mac.

Workstation-Drives.jpg

The rightmost drive is my video project drive, where I store large movie files I'm editing. The leftmost drive is everything else, including a backup for the MacBook's drive and the video project drive.

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
the macbook pro is designed to be used like this. the heat vents are at the back so i doesnt over heat if the screen is closed while its still on.

i use my macbook pro like this. if im doing extensice cpu loads and the temp goes more than 60C i open the screen just in case ;)

Only 60°C? Occasionally mine gets to 90+°C and that's with the clamshell open! But it's the greatest thing... the mac keeps on ticking, even thought the fans are whirling round at 6000rpm!

847738816_66b028be12_o.jpg

The HD has been changed, cause that one cooked itself! :mad:
Currently using a WD Scorpio 250GB:)

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
Though I've posted my setup elsewhere, I think the MacRumors people deserve a look, too. Truth is, I'm rather proud and happy with it. I got this MacBook shortly after the last revision in November, but have just got it set up the way I like it, and have transferred all my stuff from my old Mac (an eMac w/a broken CRT to the left on the first photo) to my new MacBook.

snip

snip
The central attraction.

snip

The rightmost drive is my video project drive, where I store large movie files I'm editing. The leftmost drive is everything else, including a backup for the MacBook's drive and the video project drive.

What exactly is the green scrolling text on your screen?

lost eden

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2007
UK
lol @ posing with top. At least use htop, if you really want to look like a hardcore hacker.

Only 60°C? Occasionally mine gets to 90+°C and that's with the clamshell open! But it's the greatest thing... the mac keeps on ticking, even thought the fans are whirling round at 6000rpm!
90°C°C is cutting it a bit close. I was shocked when I managed to get mine to 87°C (10 simultaneous FLAC encoder runs) as it just emphasises Apple's 'form-over-function' design regime in that it can't even keep itself cool enough.

Back on topic, my MacBook has sat closed ever since I built my new desktop, because I've got no lectures or anything atm because it's exam season.

imgp0430_s.jpg

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
My Setup

IMG_2169.jpg

Click Images to enlarge
IMG_2187.jpg

2.2 GHz SR MacBook (mid-range)
8 GB iPod touch
320 GB WD External HD (running Time Machine for the MacBook)
JBL OnStage speakers (for the iPod)
HP Photoshop 7960 Printer (not shown, on floor)

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
It's not much but... I love it.
2.16GHz MacBook 120GB HDD 2GB RAM:D
320GB MyBook external HDD
8GB iPod touch & 30GB iPod w/ video (5th gen) & 2GB iPod Nano.

Attachments

• 000_0460.JPG
    000_0460.JPG
    659.2 KB · Views: 228
  • 000_0461.JPG
    000_0461.JPG
    664 KB · Views: 144

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Recently acquired BlackBook

Attachments

• iMac:MacBook-3.png
    iMac:MacBook-3.png
    787.8 KB · Views: 277

jnc

macrumors 68020
Jan 7, 2007
Nunya, Business TX
Back on topic, my MacBook has sat closed ever since I built my new desktop, because I've got no lectures or anything atm because it's exam season.

Dammit, it's 1.30am and I have a sudden hankerin' for Dairy Milk. :mad:

Ah, dorm life. Here goes!

Organized chaos back there.

[Cable mess]

:eek: What are the component cables plugged into? Signal switcher? I thought Dells had multiple inputs... or is that something else I'm seeing?

sthpark7791

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2006
what can I say? it's that time of the year. exams! midterms all next week plus a SAT next saturday....still have to go through the 500 page guide :(

66709556.jpg

lost eden

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2007
UK
Dammit, it's 1.30am and I have a sudden hankerin' for Dairy Milk. :mad:
It's *always* Dairy Milk time!

Those drinks are wayyy to close to your MBP. It's a disaster begging to happen!
Hah, I think it was one of the ThinkPad T60's that had drainage holes built into the keyboard for just such accidents!

silbeej

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2007
what can I say? it's that time of the year. exams! midterms all next week plus a SAT next saturday....still have to go through the 500 page guide :(

[snip]

I think rockstar is the most disgusting drink ever, BUT, i will admit that the one time i tried it kicked me into turbo mode.

iMacBook

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2007
Down by the bay.
yea, it's not that good but that's all I had available. :/. I prefer redbull.

Are you from PSU any chance?

It's not much but... I love it.
2.16GHz MacBook 120GB HDD 2GB RAM:D
320GB MyBook external HDD
8GB iPod touch & 30GB iPod w/ video (5th gen) & 2GB iPod Nano.

The Apple Sticker on there is brilliant. I might have to do that...

IMG_2169.jpg

Click Images to enlarge
IMG_2187.jpg

2.2 GHz SR MacBook (mid-range)
8 GB iPod touch
320 GB WD External HD (running Time Machine for the MacBook)
JBL OnStage speakers (for the iPod)
HP Photoshop 7960 Printer (not shown, on floor)

Just a small tip. If you parition the external, you can use it to store more than just Time Machine files on there. Thats how I have my 500 setup, a 100GB parition for Time Machine and a 365GB one for whatever else.

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
Here is a picture of my new black MacBook setup. I just built the stand a few nights ago, and I plan to stain the wood this weekend to match the rest of the desk. Setup includes wireless mighty mouse and keyboard, Logitech 9000 Quickcam, external HD. and some other USB goodies attached to the Logitech hub I just got (and of course an 8GB iPhone). This was set up for my MacMini, but I have since sold that and the macbook fits much better with the setup, and is much more portable! I am just glad I didn't sell all my accessories I am now using!

Also, I will include some fun shots of me and my gf's macbooks together...

Attachments

• DSCN2598.JPG
    DSCN2598.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCN2601.JPG
    DSCN2601.JPG
    220.4 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0651.JPG
    IMG_0651.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0656.JPG
    IMG_0656.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 172

Victor ch

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2007
San José, Costa Rica
My MacBook setup:

-C2D BackBook (Dec 06') in a podium to make her run cooler.
-Wireless mighty and slim wireless keyboard.
-5.5Gen white iPod
-8GB iPhone (I took the pic with it)
-Some Bose headphones (QC2, In-ear)
-Bose Companion 3 Series II speakers.
-Wester Digital "passport" 250GB 2.5" HDD.
-The wireless thingy for some wireless speakers (weird silver thing to the far left)

I couldn't be happier with my setup! later this year I will replace my MacBook with a 17" high-res MacBook Pro and (if available and unlockable) the current iPhone for that time.

-Victor

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 196

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662

[snipped image]

[snipped image]

The central attraction.

[snipped image]

[snipped image]

WOW thats a lot of cable mess! its probably due to the fact that theres no gap at the end of your desk and the powerpoints are above the desk. your obviously cofortable with your working arrangement but i would hate that cable mess. ive only got 2 firewire cables, USB, DVI, keyboard and an iPod cable showing.

i chose the wired keyboard on purpose because ive already got a wireless bluetooth mouse and the constant battery changing would drive me insane but i cant WAIT until wireless power becomes mail stream. think about it power, usb, firewire all wireless with special channels or codes like WIFI to make the computer be able to differentiate between them.

2161843062_7ec130c3fc.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.