Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harry20larry

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
As in title, camera has vastly improved, saw a bee in a fox glove flower so I decided to take a pic with my fresh new 3G, unedited, its super for 3.2 megapxiels:
1z3xb2a.jpg

PS, for some reason, when you review the photo on the actual phone the quality is far worse than when you port it to your computer, i think it is something to do with the photo application

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
As in title, camera has vastly improved, saw a bee in a fox glove flower so I decided to take a pic with my fresh new 3G, unedited, its super for 3.2 megapxiels:

PS, for some reason, when you review the photo on the actual phone the quality is far worse than when you port it to your computer, i think it is something to do with the photo application

That is REALLY GOOD!

Even if the improvements in the camera were small, I would welcome them. I shoot with a DsLR but use my iphone when I don't lug my big 5lb, $3,000 beastie around.

harry20larry

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
That is REALLY GOOD!

Even if the improvements in the camera were small, I would welcome them. I shoot with a DsLR but use my iphone when I don't lug my big 5lb, $3,000 beastie around.

Same issue as you, my last phone was the SE C905, 8megapxiels, it is better than the 3Gs of course but I already had a really good DSLR, so why would I need a really good camera phone, all I need teh camera on the phone to do is to take photos to go on facebook

wikoogle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2009
Tell us how your old 8 megapixel camera phone's photos compare with the iPhone 3GS's photos when you get your 3GS today.

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
Can anyone post the original images, right off the iPhone without them being resized or anything else?

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
my thread got buried already to the 2nd 3rd page haha

the "touch to focus" feature is super amazing!!

here are my shots

camera is really fast and i took all of these shots in 2 mins

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
That is REALLY GOOD!

This.

will post some in a minute.

still got a 3G so will do a set with the both of them.

Que

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2009
UK
photo.jpg

not the best picture but he had vaccinations and a microchip fitted today so i feel sorry for him.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
Couple photo's plus video

non edited so ya don't have to look at photoshop all I done is upload them to photo bucket and youtube. nothing fancy! video link is right below this!

Video from my new 3GS IPHONE

my Dog Houdini she's old but a sweetheart
IMG_0065.jpg

Lilly the 2 year old puppy!
IMG_0067.jpg

Flowers

IMG_0070.jpg

neighbors house

IMG_0068.jpg

3GS plug somebody asked in another post
IMG_0061-1.jpg

ceuyan

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2008
Is there a hardware or software reason why the Iphone 3G can not have the same camera features as in the 3G S, besides having less mega pixels?

Or, is the reason apple holding back these features is to sell Iphone 3G S. Hopefully after the 3G S hype dies down they do a camera software upgrade to allow focus and video...

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
yep

Is there a hardware or software reason why the Iphone 3G can not have the same camera features as in the 3G S, besides having less mega pixels?

Or, is the reason apple holding back these features is to sell Iphone 3G S. Hopefully after the 3G S hype dies down they do a camera software upgrade to allow focus and video...

quite simply the lens is more advanced auto focus lens. there is both hardware and software. more hardware then anything. so no much to do there allot can change in a year.

otis123

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
wow! that camera is quite a bit better! but i just got a new canon sx10 is, so my photo needs are handled for a while. but it would be nice to have that in my pocket.

Rob Mclovin

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2008
my thread got buried already to the 2nd 3rd page haha

the "touch to focus" feature is super amazing!!

here are my shots

camera is really fast and i took all of these shots in 2 mins

You live in Yonkers bro?

New iphone posts the location where you took the picture in the Exif Data!

drpellypo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2007
Northumberland, UK
People in photography have banged on about this for years, and I am pleased there is now an easy way to prove it! Camera quality has VERY little to do with MP count, and a LOT to do with construction of lens, and sensor quality. The problem is that people have gotten so obsessed with the whole MP count lark that they have forgotten what actually takes good pictures. You can buy a 15mp camera from ebay for next to nothing, but it is nowhere near as good quality as the iPhone 3mp.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.