Post SSD install wake-up problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jjprusk, May 4, 2009.

1. jjprusk macrumors member

First off, yes I did a search and what I found was confusing so I thought I'd maybe get thoughts on fixing this problem.

This weekend I replaced the disc drive on my unibody Macbook Prowith an Intel 160GB x-25M drive. Prior to install I upgraded the SSD to the newest firmware. I installed OSX from scratch, restored the drive from my Time Capsule, and then upgraded OSX with the newest set of updates.

When I was done, everything seemed to be working quite well - booting is much faster and apps load very quickly. However, I used to be able to simply swipe a finger across the trackpad and my system would wake immediately - no longer. Now I have to press the power button to awaken the system. Also, the "white light" is flashing and while the system is sleeping, nothing appears to be happening (no mail is collected, etc.). Note this is with the system plugged-in the wall power outlet.

If anybody has seen this problem and knows of a fix, it would be greatly appreciated.

2. macfrik macrumors 6502

macfrik

Same thing happened with me. Installed Samsung SSD to my UMBP 15" and what happened is it takes a lot longer time to sleep and wake.

I haven't found any solution yet on the web. Sorry can't help, but I'm too experiencing the same problem.

3. sascha h-k macrumors 6502

sascha h-k

go to systemprefs/applemenue, there energysave and uncheck "put hdd into sleep " ;)

4. jjprusk thread starter macrumors member

Wake-up problem

That worked - thanks for the reply! Apparently a freah install, even after time machine restore, doesn't save this option. What does this option actually do? And it must have a different affect on an SSD?