Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

huskernation

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2012
First post and sorry its an issue but I have followed the forums for months now. I have a 2012 mbp. I upgraded the ram to 16gb and everything was just fine. A few weeks later I installed a 256gb Samsung 830 ssd and did a fresh intsall of mountain lion. Things work fine for the most part but about every 3rd time or so I turn on the laptop it sits on the pre login screen and I watch the little circle spin. I then force shut down the laptop then restart it and it boots fine other than asking if i want to report the error. I would much appreciate anyone who has had similar issues and found a solution.
Thanks

huskernation

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2012
I did reset the pram and had no issues until I installed the ssd. Had the ram in a few weeks earlier with no issues. One thing it does is when I restart it after not having used it for several hours it will start up then restart itself show the error message then everything is fine. If I do a restart while using it no issues at all but if I turn it off then say turn it on again the next day it does the restart, show the error message then things are fine. I am puzzled.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.