Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

technicolor

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2005
><><><><
protecting the guilty

Attachments

• adium.jpg
    adium.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 837

Capt Underpants

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2003
Austin, Texas
For those of you who don't know, pressing Command+Shift+4 allows you to take a screenshot of a selected area of the screen. That way you don't have to trim your list out of a screenshot.

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2004
What's Your Favorite Posish
Capt Underpants said:
For those of you who don't know, pressing Command+Shift+4 allows you to take a screenshot of a selected area of the screen. That way you don't have to trim your list out of a screenshot.

after pressing that combo - press space when the crosshairs appear and you get a camera icon th at lets you take pics exactly the size of the window or app you hover against.

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
Adium looks absolutely awful with a big contact list, which is why I use it on my PB, but not on my PM (it's spoiled and gets Proteus).

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    18 KB · Views: 323

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Here's a question. For people with multiple names. If I uncheck the "consolidate contacts" box in advanced prefs, it'll show their name for each screen name right?

( I use real peoples' names instead of screen names)

Plymouthbreezer

macrumors 601
Feb 27, 2005
Massachusetts
calebjohnston said:
Here's a question. For people with multiple names. If I uncheck the "consolidate contacts" box in advanced prefs, it'll show their name for each screen name right?

( I use real peoples' names instead of screen names)
View > Contact Name Format > Alias (User Name)

Is that what you were asking?

rickvanr

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2002
Brockville
p0intblank said:
I would love to use Adium for its minimal style, but it doesn't support video or voice chat right now. :(

Or does it?

No it does not.

IIRC, gaim 2.0.0 was going to incorporate vv. Adium v1.0 is apparently waiting for gaim 2.0.0, but since it won't have vv capabilities, Adium v1.0 won't either.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
How do I install that decay theme? It's seperate files and it didn't offer to install it for me.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Is there a way to take a message theme, such as Plastic (red vs. blue) which I use, and just change the colors, so I can get some pink going on in there? I need a pink message theme! *pouts* :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.