Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Robbbin

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2009
Here's my adition to this thread.

dsc01678.jpg

dsc01680.jpg

dsc01681.jpg

dsc01682.jpg

adamvk said:
If you can find places that sell the 23" ACD for under $600, please post them.

Here you go: 23" Cinema Display $525

This happens to be a pretty good shop, I bought some parts for building a mac pro from them. Though never finished that project and sold the items on eBay.

boneca

macrumors 6502
Jan 2, 2005
Boston, MA
here's my triple 20" setup, left connected to MacBook, center and right to the PC.

Attachments

• DSC00113.JPG
    DSC00113.JPG
    771.2 KB · Views: 387
  • DSC00112.JPG
    DSC00112.JPG
    767.1 KB · Views: 277

Robbbin

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2009
I found it yesterday on deviantart, don't remember the link. It was in the wallpapers section. I'll attach the 1920x1200 version with this post. There was a signature at the bottom-right, but I photoshopped it away... I hate signatures on wallpapers.

Attachments

• Faces.jpg
    Faces.jpg
    520.3 KB · Views: 543

suMMx

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2006
i like the look and functionally of thew new acds and i'd probably buy one if I felt they were at least trying to be competitive with their pricing.

Pika

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2008
Japan
I have the Apple 24" LED cinema display.

3486321462_700c61e497_b.jpg

3486661398_a2ea5f5166_b.jpg

3486663978_cd22f1197d_b.jpg

3486668960_a1b7925936_b.jpg

A few of us have been saying for a while now that we expect Apple to discontinue the current family of aluminium Cinema Displays and replace it with two ranges – one appealing to the consumer market, and one appealing to professionals.

I think when the 24" LED Cinema Display was launched, a lot of people (myself included) assumed that the new 24" panel was a straight replacement for the discontinued 23" panel. Perhaps in hindsight that isn't the case. After all, nowhere on Apples website does it say that the new 24" LED Cinema Display is a professional product? Indeed it is touted as the a must-have MacBook 'accessory'.

Perhaps the 24" LED Cinema Display is simply the first product to be announced in the consumer family? The inclusion of the glossy display, speakers, MagSafe adaptor and iSight camera might suggest this. 'Cinema Display' is also more suited to a consumer product in my opinion.

So do you think Apple is about to launch a second family of 'Studio Displays' aimed at the professional market?

However these days I think Apple is catering more toward consumers. The bulk of its sales are starting to be regular consumers and Apple doesn't have to depend on creative professionals for sales anymore. I think you can see this in Apple's product lines, especially its updated product lines. So while it would be nice for Apple to have 2 display lineups, I don't think it will happen. Apple's lineup has always been simple and small and I think they want to keep it that way, especially in this economy. The more offerings you have, the more expensive your operating costs are. In this economy the expenses may outweigh the potential extra income.

adamvk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I have the Apple 24" LED cinema display.

A few of us have been saying for a while now that we expect Apple to discontinue the current family of aluminium Cinema Displays and replace it with two ranges – one appealing to the consumer market, and one appealing to professionals.

I think when the 24" LED Cinema Display was launched, a lot of people (myself included) assumed that the new 24" panel was a straight replacement for the discontinued 23" panel. Perhaps in hindsight that isn't the case. After all, nowhere on Apples website does it say that the new 24" LED Cinema Display is a professional product? Indeed it is touted as the a must-have MacBook 'accessory'.

Perhaps the 24" LED Cinema Display is simply the first product to be announced in the consumer family? The inclusion of the glossy display, speakers, MagSafe adaptor and iSight camera might suggest this. 'Cinema Display' is also more suited to a consumer product in my opinion.

So do you think Apple is about to launch a second family of 'Studio Displays' aimed at the professional market?

However these days I think Apple is catering more toward consumers. The bulk of its sales are starting to be regular consumers and Apple doesn't have to depend on creative professionals for sales anymore. I think you can see this in Apple's product lines, especially its updated product lines. So while it would be nice for Apple to have 2 display lineups, I don't think it will happen. Apple's lineup has always been simple and small and I think they want to keep it that way, especially in this economy. The more offerings you have, the more expensive your operating costs are. In this economy the expenses may outweigh the potential extra income.

I hope they launch "studio displays" with non-glossy screens. That would be nice Apple. :)

Bwa

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2007
Boston & San Jose
How do you like the monitor arms? I want to get some, but am still looking. How much flexibility is there?

That's an Ergotron LX. Highly recommend it and any of the non-NeoFlex Ergotron stuff. The LX is around $115 at Amazon. I have some cheap Monoprice wall-mounts for other LCDs that don't matter, and the Ergotron stuff is well worth the price.

Croatian

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2006
Ontario, Canada
That would be a Airport Extreme BaseStation if your talking about the white thing to the right of the screen, to the left looks maybe like a crazy external Hard Drive

hahah your right, and it's an Synology DS2007+ as server more or less or as i see it a really nice external Hard Drive

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
Here's my two 23's:

displays.jpg

Edit - thought I should add - the Mac Pro drives them both, I don't have the Macbook Pro hooked to either of them.

tonie

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2008
*cough* Does it have built-in speakers and a webcam? Is it made from high quality materials or is it plastic? Built in USB hub? Does it charge your MacBook? Is it LED backlit?

People act like Apple charges $900 for the product because they feel like it. It's a high quality display made with high quality materials. Things add up. Are they taking in a high profit margin on the displays? Probably, but I think $900 is a fair price for the first gen of such a display...anyone remember when the aluminum ACDs were released? The 20" was $1,299. It's technology. That's how it works.

HAHAHA go ahead and spend 800--+ on the apple while we spend our saving money somewhere else.

allmIne

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2008
United Kingdom
Here's mine. It's a 20 inch.

img0028dw0.jpg

img0030sj0.jpg

Excuse image quality, taken on iPhone.

And Tonie, I remember exactly when the 20 inch was released - I bought it a few days after, and paid £1000GBP for it! Shocking!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.