Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djbahdow01

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Northeast, CT
Some of my work

Well since I love sunset and sunrise photography figured id post a few of mine.
Sunrise on the Ocean looking back at Galilee, RI
Sunrise%203.jpg

Sunset Madeira Beach, FL
Sunset%203.jpg

Sunset Boston looking from Boston Harbor towards the USS Constitution
Sunset%20Boston.jpg

Sunset behind fisherman at Madeira Beach
Sunset%20Fishing.jpg

I have more but these I feel are some of my best.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
Those are some great shots. You're from Connecticut.. are those from Mystic? Or maybe the surrounding area?

I haven't spent much time down there, but I could definetely see myself living down there in the future -- beautiful area.

djbahdow01

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Northeast, CT
calebjohnston said:
Those are some great shots. You're from Connecticut.. are those from Mystic? Or maybe the surrounding area?

I haven't spent much time down there, but I could definetely see myself living down there in the future -- beautiful area.

Nah just some shots from when I was traveling, couple from Florida, and 1 each from Rhode Island and Boston, Mass.

Clix Pix said:
These are all nice, but that second one, the one at Madeira Beach, FL, is spectacular! I love the way you captured the water dancing up and being reflected in the light of the sunset.

Thank You I waited about an hour for that shot. Was well worth it.

Wish I had a D200 in my bag tho. Would help with my sports photography. Granted Ive gotten some great use out of my D70 too bad its off to Nikon for repair could have used it this week. Need to get a back up soon.

Lunja

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2005
Lincoln UK
Agreed :)

Time for a request- anyone got shots over the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, or over Vancouver BC? I'm going to visit each over the summer, but first I've got to get some projects done and I need the motivation :)

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
Lunja said:
Agreed :)

Time for a request- anyone got shots over the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, or over Vancouver BC? I'm going to visit each over the summer, but first I've got to get some projects done and I need the motivation :)

Grand Canyon Shots from me :)

Sun Set

Sun Set

Sun Rise

-hh

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2001
NJ Highlands, Earth
Chip NoVaMac said:
I nominate this thread for a sticky. :)

Seconded. There's some great stuff here.

Speaking of which ... (rummage, rummage) ... here's what I already have uploaded. I'll have to find some more stuff at home tonight :)

FerrySunset.JPG

(digitized from 35mm negative film...a bit grainy)
Germany Bodensee sunset (2002)

diamond_head_sunrise.jpg

(Canon 20D)
Hawaii Diamond Head sunrise (2005)

-hh

Lunja

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2005
Lincoln UK
So how much are we talking for a DSLR? I'm off to Vancouver in June and I really want to make a photo diary of the trip, since it'll be a once-in-a-lifetime travel-ganza (like extravaganza:cool: ) ending in a roadtrip across the American West. I'll be in Orlando for a couple of weeks from May 12th, so could anyone recommend a place to get a decent camera? I'd be happy with a Nikon Coolpix- I've used these at Uni and not being a pro photographer (although I'd like manual aperture and focus settings) that'd do me. I also want to buy a load of SD cards to keep said photos on- any recommendations for large, cheap memory? The iBook won't be coming, so I'll need loads of storage.

Thanks guys!

PS Thanks again to TonyEck- got my assignment done :)

djbahdow01

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2004
Northeast, CT
Lunja said:
So how much are we talking for a DSLR? I'm off to Vancouver in June and I really want to make a photo diary of the trip, since it'll be a once-in-a-lifetime travel-ganza (like extravaganza:cool: ) ending in a roadtrip across the American West. I'll be in Orlando for a couple of weeks from May 12th, so could anyone recommend a place to get a decent camera? I'd be happy with a Nikon Coolpix- I've used these at Uni and not being a pro photographer (although I'd like manual aperture and focus settings) that'd do me. I also want to buy a load of SD cards to keep said photos on- any recommendations for large, cheap memory? The iBook won't be coming, so I'll need loads of storage.

Thanks guys!

PS Thanks again to TonyEck- got my assignment done :)

Figure Coolpix at the moment will run you between $130 and $500 which isn't a DSLR, the D Series which is a DSLR from Nikon will run you anywhere between $600 and $5000 (without lenses). I believe most Coolpix run SD cards which a 2GB card can be had for $100 if not cheaper. Where as the D series except for the D50 runs Compact Flash.

kd5boc

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2006
This was taken this February in Oklahoma...3 days before a heavy snow moved in.

The grass was actually a dead grey color, but the Mercury-Vapor light to the left made for an interesting green shade you can also see on the fence posts.
I left it as is and have not done any post-processing at all.

139298869_69691108d6_o.jpg

Nikon d50
18-55 @ 18mm
20sec @ f/11

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
kd5boc said:
This was taken this February in Oklahoma...3 days before a heavy snow moved in.

The grass was actually a dead grey color, but the Mercury-Vapor light to the left made for an interesting green shade you can also see on the fence posts.
I left it as is and have not done any proccessing at all.

Excellent! Has a Photoshopped look, by neat to know that it is as is.

inmotion

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2005
Toronto
as the sun sets into dawn

wow a lot of awsome pics...
i just got myself a rebel xt recently and was playing around with it... anyhow... critiques are welcomed of course but bear in mind im as amateur as it gets in photography :)

full size on my DA at boyandpenwillgofar.deviantart.com

PS: what do you guys/girls use to compress the pics??

Attachments

• as_the_sun_sets_into_dawn_by_boyandpenwillgofar.jpg
    as_the_sun_sets_into_dawn_by_boyandpenwillgofar.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 466

kd5boc

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2006
inmotion said:
PS: what do you guys/girls use to compress the pics??

Don't really understand what you mean by compress...if you mean shrink, I don't really do it at all. I leave them large for printing, but for the web, mine are stored on Flickr, and my uploading program automatically resizes them to 800x600 for easier viewing.

gibbon

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2005
Scotland
Oooh, what fun. I do love sunsets. Excellent pictures everybody. Wish I had time to filter through all mine - I have loads as whenever I see a sunset I just can't help myself! -anybody else have the same problem? Here are a couple anyway. Not the best, I know, but I love 'em.
IMG_0269_small.JPG

IMG_1403_small.JPG

L

Lau

kd5boc said:

That's fantastic. I love it when you get some unexpected lighting like that. I also liked neocell's earlier with the flash on the sand dune for a similar reason.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
kd5boc said:

139298869_69691108d6_o.jpg

Nikon d50
18-55 @ 18mm
20sec @ f/11

Wow, amazing. You rarely see this sort of colour combination.

digitalrebelxt said:

I love silhouettes, so I really do love your photo.

inmotion

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2005
Toronto
sorry about being unclear... when i meant shrink i meant keep the size down... my photos are all like 1-3 megs each so it's hard for me to post them on like forums.. the one i posted was the thumnail of my actual pic...

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
inmotion said:
sorry about being unclear... when i meant shrink i meant keep the size down... my photos are all like 1-3 megs each so it's hard for me to post them on like forums.. the one i posted was the thumnail of my actual pic...

Preview should do it... Save As>JPEG>Quality. But a large picture will also benefit from resizing to a smaller resolution if you want to post it online. For that I myself use the Export feature in iPhoto, which is convenient as all my digital photos are in iPhoto as is.

irmongoose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.