Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
My favorite moment of the day is breakfast after morning training.
Mix of oatmeal, muesli, nuts & raisins, chia-, sunflower- and pumpkin-seeds, grapes and blueberries.
Herbal tea (ginger & lemon).

Breakfast.jpg

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
.. we like them for lunch time sandwiches as well. A variation on the same theme, is using poppyseed strudel and raisin/cinnamon buns (purchased from a small, European bakery).
Lovely and why did I type "miffings" argh ah well I mean moofins sorry muffins. ? Anyway, I also am fond of crumpets and what I like about both is how well they absorb fresh butter.

• Haha
Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I haven't had an English miffing in ages. Just not a thing here in continental Europe sadly.

I confess that I laughed aloud when I read this post.

But, yes, I know what you mean.

And, if you hadn't remarked on the fact (or spelling) of the magical muffin, (see your post, below) I wouldn't have commented on it either.
.. we like them for lunch time sandwiches as well. A variation on the same theme, is using poppyseed strudel and raisin/cinnamon buns (purchased from a small, European bakery).

I love those small, European, bakeries; their bread and other delights are almost invariably delicious.
Lovely and why did I type "miffings" argh ah well I mean moofins sorry muffins. ? Anyway, I also am fond of crumpets and what I like about both is how well they absorb fresh butter.
Shouted with laughter reading this; thank you.

Anyway, both muffins and croissants fall into the category of what I consider an "occasional treat" (preferably at week-ends) breakfast, and all the more welcome (and appreciated) for that.

And, (as with crumpets, as well), agreed, their capacity to absorb butter (in considerable quantities) is part of their appeal.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.