Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moshiiii

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Sarasota, FL
I got a new car! I'm going from a 1993 car to a 2005 HUGE difference. I got an AUX port on my dashboard so I can plug my Ipod right in and jam out. I have to place to put the ipod so I just let it rest on my knee. What do you guys go going on? Any Isqueeze?

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
Here's mine, on my 2005 Civic Si. I'm using an iPod2car, which I've had since early '05 - works very well. Although now I put the iPod in the empty space below the CD controls, and have a 5G instead of 4G ;)

Sideonecincy

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2003
My friend wants me to hook her iPod up her car for her. She has a factory cd player, car doesn't have an auxiliary port on the front, no tape deck and she doesn't want to mess with air tunes or a radio based transmitter...any suggestions?

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
Sideonecincy said:
My friend wants me to hook her iPod up her car for her. She has a factory cd player, car doesn't have an auxiliary port on the front, no tape deck and she doesn't want to mess with air tunes or a radio based transmitter...any suggestions?
You're going to have to find something that hooks up directly to the audio system. I'm not an expert in this, but if she doesn't have a tape deck and doesn't want FM, she better be willing to put out some cash...

Sideonecincy

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2003
thats what i kinda figured but wasn't sure because every company seems to have its own ipod to car hook up.

I bet the car prolly has an auxiliary port somewhere in the stereo. Anyone drive a 2005 Chevy Cobalt by chance who could confirm this

technicolor

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2005
><><><><
from an old thread

ipod connected from an aux port in an ipod head control unit

Attachments

• attachment.jpeg
    attachment.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 205

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
Unfortunately I'm stuck with a fairly useless FM transmitter with my iPod Photo but having just bought one of the new 80 gig 5th gen iPods, I'm thinking about getting the car (Ford Fiesta Zetec, '04) a direct connection to the speakers. I'll have to fiddle about with the dash someday.

(Haven't a clue about any car electrical systems or sound systems for that matter)

andrewag

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2005
Australia
Chris3125 said:
couldnt be bothered to take another/ better photo. so this will do

DSC09048.JPG

What year/model car do you have? I'm just got a 2000 A4 with concert 1 sound system in it and I've read you can get the ipod to work in place of the CD changer.

At the moment I use an FM transmitter.

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
KI'll have to take a pic when I get home from work tonight, but I have an '05 Prius w/ a Vias Technologies adapter (AVIC-100i or something). It works great- I have it wired into the glove compartment so you don't see the iPod or wires, and all controls are done through the steering wheel and touchscreen! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.