Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oryan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Lincoln, NE
Rocky and Ghost. Rocky passed away last spring so we have a new cat, but I can't find a picture of him right now.

edit: here's another one of Ghost.

Attachments

• n15927971_30116867_2595.jpg
    n15927971_30116867_2595.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 89
  • n15927971_30116869_2923.jpg
    n15927971_30116869_2923.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 66

M-theory

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
WinterMute said:
I read the title and thought "How cruel, a service for sending cats through the mail...":rolleyes:

I'm as dumb as my dog.

My sister has a big cat called Baggie which is fat and mean, cats are supposed to like being stroked, this one turns into a buzzsaw and you have to go have some blood replaced...

lmao...

Does anyone out there notice or agree with the statement that "female cats don't like to be held" ??? Our female likes to cuddle, 'on her terms', if you quietly sitting she will curl up near you, but don't try and pick her up, like 'Baggie', you will have to have some blood replaced.

stonyc

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2005
Michigan
M-theory said:
lmao...

Does anyone out there notice or agree with the statement that "female cats don't like to be held" ??? Our female likes to cuddle, 'on her terms', if you quietly sitting she will curl up near you, but don't try and pick her up, like 'Baggie', you will have to have some blood replaced.
Our cat is male and he will act all nice and cuddly, jump up on you... even let you pet him. Unfortunately, and I've timed this, after 8 to 13 seconds of purring and loving (longer times are the result of more food being put in his bowl) he will go ape-sh*t. Biting, scratching, gouging, hissing, spitting... loss of blood.

Josh

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2004
State College, PA
M-theory said:
Josh: you cat is absolutely beautiful! second most beautiful cat I've seen...next to my black cat of course. :D I will try and get some photos up, his name is Tupelo [as in "tupelo honey"]
Thanks! I really miss him - he was probably the most intelligent cat I've ever met (as funny as that sounds).

I found him and his identical twin brother as kittens left on the side of the road. The whole way home, he curled up on the dash above the steering wheel, made me laugh pretty hard at how comfortably he rode.

If I made a sound, he'd mimick it, he'd constantly be pawing at door knobs, etc..

His brother got stuck in a tree once, and it took us forever to get him down (the tree was SOOO high - we needed trucks and ladders...it took a long time), and he got very sick after that. I don't know if it was from being up there so long, being scared, or both. He died shortly after.

Amigo grew up pretty healthy, except he was shot at some point by someone (pretty sure it was my mean neighbor). It just missed his tailbone, and he lived, but had a hobbled walk ever since - didn't slow him down a bit.

He kept staying outside longer and longer, and eventually he just didn't come back. Hopefully he's ok, which I tend to think. I don't think something bad happened; I sort've predicted he might run away once he began staying outside for 12+ hours at a time and never coming to the door.

Anyway, that makes me kinda sad.

Can't wait to see your cat! and all the other cats people have. Cats are hilarious, so curious all the time, and eager to be affectionate. I love them :D

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
Oryan said:
Rocky and Ghost. Rocky passed away last spring so we have a new cat, but I can't find a picture of him right now.

Wow. Ghost is COOL! I want a cat like that. Any idea what kind?

This is Tyrone. Also loves to play fetch endlessly.

Attachments

• tyrone.jpg
    tyrone.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 85

Melkor

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2005
Oryan said:

Sorry to hear 'bout Rocky.

Ghost has the coolest designes around his eyes. Kinda like a tiger.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
My current desktop...two very active cats. :D

Tribble on the left, Fuzzbutt on the right.

Attachments

• cats.jpg
    cats.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 85

M-theory

macrumors 6502
Dec 1, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
Can't wait to see your cat! and all the other cats people have. Cats are hilarious, so curious all the time, and eager to be affectionate. I love them :D[/QUOTE]

This is tupelo...he was the runt of the litter.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 60

lil tiger

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2006
Here are my two cats Tiger and Scamp :) They are from the same litter and are almost 11. (Feb. 20th :p)
Tiger:
DSCF0280.jpg

Scamp:
56ba182d.jpg

Tiger cleaning Scamp, LOL:

DSCF0025.jpg

iSaint

macrumors 603
Even though mine are already in the pets thread, here they are.

Leon, the long hair tabby is 16.
Oreo, the tux, is about 3.
Viktor, the big tabby is about 3, also.
Lucy is the newest addition, brought home from our church camp. She has a great personality, very sweet and playful.

Attachments

• Leon June 05.jpg
    Leon June 05.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Viktor June 05.jpg
    Viktor June 05.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Nat & Oreo June 05.jpg
    Nat & Oreo June 05.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Lucy.jpg
    Lucy.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 64

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
Josh said:
Amigo grew up pretty healthy, except he was shot at some point by someone (pretty sure it was my mean neighbor). It just missed his tailbone, and he lived, but had a hobbled walk ever since - didn't slow him down a bit.

He kept staying outside longer and longer, and eventually he just didn't come back. Hopefully he's ok, which I tend to think. I don't think something bad happened; I sort've predicted he might run away once he began staying outside for 12+ hours at a time and never coming to the door.
My mother had a cat that we called pumpkin and at one point he was shot with a BB gun. The BB was left in him as it was so close to some piece of the body that if surgery was tried it might have killed him.

So, he lived a very healthy life but we had to be sort of cautious as not to scare him. We had a Sizzler just down the road and through some bushes and he would follow us about half way.

One night he did not show up in the morning at the door and we suspected that it might have been a coyote.

I wish I could have a cat, I think they are cuter than dogs. And I have yet never heard of a cat attacking a person so viciously as to need hospitalization, unlike dogs.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
My Maribella

I know that I have gone on about my dog, Chewey. But I also have a cat, her name is Maribella. I rescued her back in 1992 from a bartender I knew that was at wits end in trying to find a home for her. She was two years old at the time.

I may not talk about her much, like I did Chewey. But she is her own "person". At least till this past year. At 16 yo, she has found her "kitten" side. But not for the camera. But I never loved her any less. I guess I had found out that I am more a dog person than a cat person. But I love her non the less...

Here is a pic in her favorite position.

Attachments

• P5260035.jpg
    P5260035.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 69

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
I've got two. Adopted them through NARF (Nike Animal Rescue Foundation). They're from the same litter; gray one is female, black is male-- and they came named, Fiji (female) and Jamaica (male). They respond to a different set of names: Beautiful and Handsome. <--No joke. :eek: My gray cat uses the toilet to go potty. :D It's hillarious to hear in the middle of the night.

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
Alright- there's got to be more cat pix out there. I was addicted to looking at them for a little bit.

Oryan- So you don't know what kind of cat that is? I have to get me one.

mulze22

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
Up Nort
devilot said:
I've got two. Adopted them through NARF (Nike Animal Rescue Foundation). They're from the same litter; gray one is female, black is male-- and they came named, Fiji (female) and Jamaica (male). They respond to a different set of names: Beautiful and Handsome. <--No joke. :eek: My gray cat uses the toilet to go potty. :D It's hillarious to hear in the middle of the night.

Where the heck is Nike Animal Resuce Foundation.
Here is more of my cat Mia. She is such a lap cat.

Attachments

• Image(021).jpg
    Image(021).jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 57
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.