Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
Since I just took this photo, I thought I'd share it... 14 years' worth of Wired magazine, every single issue except for the first three (1.01, 1.02, and 1.03). The vertical bookcase is a Sapien, from Design Within Reach (DWR). These magazines have been sitting in my closet for YEARS and I finally decided to bring them out into the light.

Attachments

• wiredmags.jpg
    wiredmags.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 265

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
balamw said:
I really like that shelf! Thanks for posting it. Is that the tall or short one?

B
This is the tall one... there's really no reason to buy the short one, unless you need to fit it under something. (It's $250 for the 14-shelf* tall version, $200 for the 10-shelf short version.) I have a second Sapien (opposite side of the room) which is home to all of my hardcover SF novels. They're really well-designed shelves, and they're visually striking.

Anyway, other collections I have (some of which you may have seen): Art collection, Playboy magazine (every issue going back to 1988, save for a few which my Mom tossed when I still lived at home), DVDs, Microsoft polo shirts, CDs.

* 14 years' of magazines fit on 13 shelves because the first year was only 6 bimonthly issues and I have only three of them. At some point, I will have to do a bit of reshuffling to make sure everything still fits.

bossass

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2006
Nice collection. I have about 80% of the issues of Powder Magazine (Skiing) from the last 35ish years.

Bobdude161

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2006
N'Albany, Indiana
Two collections. One is my PC gaming magazine collection. Have a few PC gamer Magazines from 1997 to 2000 along with that, 60-some Computer Gaming World magazine from 1999 to now. The ones you see in the pic are the recent ones. The 2001 and older are tightly stored in a container that I don't want to disturb. Funny literature though. "OMG Quake I HAS THE TIGHTEST GRAPHICS!!!"

Then a nice Charlie Brown comic book collection that my father had accumulated back in the day. I think the oldest one is 1955 or so.

Attachments

• IMAG0035_1.jpg
    IMAG0035_1.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 101
  • IMAG0037_1.jpg
    IMAG0037_1.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 125

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Bobdude161 said:
Then a nice Charlie Brown comic book collection that my father had accumulated back in the day. I think the oldest one is 1955 or so.

:eek: I'm a little jealous!
I had all the books up to, and including the 50th one.
But I lost them over the years lending them to people:(

Shotglass

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
clayj said:
Playboy magazine (every issue going back to 1988, save for a few which my Mom tossed when I still lived at home)
....i laughed so hard:D . Do you showcase the playboys too?

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
Hard to get a decent picture with my crappy lighting but this is my 20 danish kr. coin collection. Celebrations(right), anniversaries(right) and buildings(left)

Attachments

• 20kr.JPG
    20kr.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 87

mariahlullaby

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
NYC
I collect Mariah CDs (I have over 100 rare promos, singles, etc.). My whole CD collection is shown and some of my other stuff, but this is by no means everything. I have several autographs, posters, magazines, LPs, etc not shown.

And please, I don't really want your personal opinion on it if you happen to hate Mariah with every fiber of your being.

100_0756.jpg

100_0757.jpg

100_0760.jpg

100_0749.jpg

sign.jpg

100_0746.jpg

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
->mariahlullaby: That's why I collect coins. Take up much less space.
Where's the alter ;)

Edit: Hey! does your of MR name have anything to with Maria too?

mariahlullaby

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
NYC
bartelby said:
:eek:
That's more of an obsession!!!

Not really. Just been collecting for 8 years and I buy every release, etc. It adds up.

Temujin said:
->mariahlullaby: That's why I collect coins. Take up much less space.
Where's the alter

Edit: Hey! does your of MR name have anything to with Maria too?

Haha, I actually collect coins too! My grandfather sends them to me. Take up a huge amount of room.

And most of the M stuff is neatly tucked away; CDs in a CD tower, etc. Don't take up much room at all. And believe me, my collection is SMALL. I know many people who have 1000+ CDs.

You have to remember, Mariah has over 10 studio releases with 4-5 singles on each. Makes for a lot of CDs.

Yes, technically my MR name is Mariah related. Don't really like it actually; I thought of something quick because I use that SN a lot for "throwaway" accts, so I could remember it. I didn't think I would become a regular!
Lullaby is a Mariah song, btw.

joepunk

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2004
a profane existence
My collection of Scrooge McDuck and Disney, TinTins, Snoopys, Taxi mag, numerous graphic novels and old history books (my favorite being Robertsons America).

The box set of Snoopy books I saw went for $300-400 at a bookstore several years ago.

Attachments

• DSCN2315.jpg
    DSCN2315.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCN2306.jpg
    DSCN2306.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 75
  • DSCN2309.jpg
    DSCN2309.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCN2320.jpg
    DSCN2320.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 110

etoiles

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2002
Where the air is crisp
clayj said:
Since I just took this photo, I thought I'd share it... 14 years' worth of Wired magazine, every single issue except for the first three (1.01, 1.02, and 1.03). The vertical bookcase is a Sapien, from Design Within Reach (DWR). These magazines have been sitting in my closet for YEARS and I finally decided to bring them out into the light.

I was never too impressed seeing that bookcase with a few random books.. but it looks really cool with those magazines !

toothpaste

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2005
mariahlullaby said:
I collect Mariah CDs (I have over 100 rare promos, singles, etc.). My whole CD collection is shown and some of my other stuff, but this is by no means everything. I have several autographs, posters, magazines, LPs, etc not shown.

And please, I don't really want your personal opinion on it if you happen to hate Mariah with every fiber of your being.

pyscho killer anyone?:eek:

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
mariahlullaby said:

I dunno bout MC but if i were her, i'd be creeped out now...then again i have seen worse

mariahlullaby

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
NYC
daneoni said:
I dunno bout MC but if i were her, i'd be creeped out now...then again i have seen worse

I don't understand what's so creepy about collecting her CDs and magazine's for God's sake. I'm not going to try and defend myself...I'm just saying, I'm not stalking the woman.

bursty

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2004
mariahlullaby said:
Wow....that is seriously sick. Its one thing to be a fan, its another to completely idolize. I'm officially freaked out :eek:

freeny

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2005
mariahlullaby said:

I had the unfortunate oppertunity to be in the presence of the "Mariah" a few years back when I was working at MTV. A bit of a b*tch. And not in a good way.

Your obsession will one day pass...
Its time to start moving on my Macintosh friend...

xPismo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
California.
The only thing i'm collecting at the moment is college bills... but I did have a large collection of EVO magazines once upon a time. Think I was only missing 8 or so.

Why keep wired magazine? It feels so much like a big ad mag to me. :confused:

mariahlullaby

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
NYC
freeny said:
I had the unfortunate oppertunity to be in the presence of the "Mariah" a few years back when I was working at MTV. A bit of a b*tch. And not in a good way.

Your obsession will one day pass...
Its time to start moving on my Macintosh friend...

I'm sorry I ever posted those pictures. Since when did a board of strangers get the right to judge me based on my collection of CDs?

Go ahead, think she's a b*tch. I personally don't care.

freeny

macrumors 68020
Sep 27, 2005
mariahlullaby said:
I'm sorry I ever posted those pictures. Since when did a board of strangers get the right to judge me based on my collection of CDs?

Go ahead, think she's a b*tch. I personally don't care.

Wasn't judging you in the least.

My comment about being a b*tch was from first hand experience.
She treated everyone in the room with total disregard and rudeness. God forbid she had to be in the presence of people who actually work. And work to make her look good for that matter

Trust me, she would walk all over you in a second regardless of how much of a fan you were.

She doesnt deserve your adoration or your hard earned cash imo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.