Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aboo

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
I'm a 2nd year, I'm technically a junior(have ~70 credit hrs) but this is only my second year in college lol, Biology/Chemistry double major. Im in the last Organic right now and have to take BioChem next yr. And the book is really good i just don't like my professor because she doesn't teach.

And thanks for the compliment.

Oh my God, its funny yo mention that - I recently completed a very similar sequence in biophsyical chemistry and modern physics (with emphasis in DDDD). Are you interested in going into medicine or just wanting to get a PhD in this field?

BTW, for organic - my advice is to NOT memorize all of the mechanisms. If you haven't already, you will soon discover that organic chemistry is very patterend and so long as you can predict the behavior of nucleophiles and electrophiles, the subsequent reaction mechanism should be readily apparent. Spend more time understanding the theory behind the mechanisms and also try and understand the thermodynamic and kinetic controls of the reactions. This will help you in the long run!

Perrumpo

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2008
I've no space for a desk, so they're sitting on my dresser here.

CIMG2037.jpg

Aboo

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
As promised here is my setup with my new 24" LED Cinema Display that i bought about yesterday afternoon around 4.

Jlpoore89,

I just looked at your LED ACD again and that background looks awfully familiar. Were you on top of the Juliana bridge when you took that? It looks like you are looking at Punda from Otrabanda on the island of Curacao. Are you from there/did you visit there?

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
This is my study in my 2 room apartment out at the mine site. Space is tight, hence wall mounting the wet-suit and miners belt. Also got an old Voodoo 5500 hanging there for good measure and some Russian Cold medicine. Once the new screens arrive the comp. case is going in with the Stereo Stack.

System Specs:
-Gigabyte GA-EX58 Extreme
-Intel Core i7-920, @ 3.2GHz on stock cooler (water in the mail)
-G-Skill DDR3 1600, Running at 1240MHz (problem with either mobo or ram :mad:)
-2 x Palit GTX 295's @ 601MHz-core, 2100MHz-memory, 1300MHz-Shader. Heat shroud removed from the upper card to improve airflow (it worked , now it's a wall ornament.
-2 x Seagate 1TB drives
-Gigabyte ODIN GT 800W PSU
-1 x Internal LG blu-ray burner
-1 x Internal LG blu-ray reader
-1 x External WD 1TB HDD
-1 x External LG DVD burner
-1 x LG Flatron Wireless Keyboard
-1 x A4-Tech infa-red wireless ball mouse (had for 8 years, and love it)
-1 x NEC XE21 21" CRT (2 x 24" Sony WUXGA 1920x1200 CRT's on the way)
-2 x Thermaltake 90mm front case fans, 2 x SilverStone 80mm rear fans
-All boxed up in a SilverStone LC-17 HTPC case.

Stereo Specs:
Yamaha RX-V1300 Amp
Pioneer D515 Laserdisc Player, with Yamaha AC-3 decoder box (repping the laserdisc)
Sega DreamCast
NAD 6130 tape deck
Pioneer DV-678A Multi Player (any 8cm retail disc format)
Denon DCD-670 CD player
Sony MHZ-1 Mini-Dics recorder
Energy C5 Floor standing speakers
Audio Technica AD700 headphones (for when the neighbors complain)

Rocking the worlds most powerful HTPC

Is that a CRT? Why not LCD? Also, wheres the Mac? ;)

jlpoore89

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
Beaumont, Texas
I hate to revive an old thread, but since college started a few months ago for everyone I was wondering if anyone has any new setups this year.

Post pics of your setup old or new at your college dorm/apartment/house.

I will post pics of my set up tomorrow because to quote my current facebook status
"is extremely tired after only getting 2 hours of sleep, going to classes from 930 to 5, finishing his WebWork(online calculus), and working on his technical report which is now 12 pages long!!! Today was a VERY productive day, but it is time for bed."

I am very tired at the moment and am going to bed.

James

leftywamumonkey

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
California
I wish we had more posts like this :)

This is Peter Hajas' college setup from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. You guys may know him now ever since Apple hired him as a developer. He had a pretty nice setup going.
dorm-1.jpg

The two outside monitors are Planar and rotated to portrait. The inside screens are both 24″ Samsung monitors. The computer is a 2.8GHz Quad Core Mac Pro with 10GB RAM, 2.3TB internal storage and 500GB of external storage.

Sitting on the desk is a 2.53GHz Core 2 Duo 13″ MacBook Pro with 4GB RAM and 250GB HDD. Also seen on the desk is an Aluminum Apple Keyboard,d a Logitech MX Revolution mouse, an iPod shuffle and an iPhone 3GS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.