Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrakkenWar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
San Antonio,Texas
After being a stay-at-home dad for a number of years, 10 credits from finishing a degree in Business Administration/Network Administration. It's recertification time.

So what are you studying that is stressing you out?

I have around 11 months-ish to muck these out, finish an internship, quit smoking, dial back hooch and find a viable job. I have cert'd them all before. But for some reason I feel a bit overwhelmed.....:confused:

Attachments

• IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    729.2 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    715.4 KB · Views: 146

JoeG4

macrumors 68030
Jan 11, 2002
I study computer engineering - at my university that major is a hybrid of electrical engineering and computer science. It's hard work, but pretty fun, so I generally enjoy it :)

Oh neat, you're right down the freeway. Good luck on finishing that stuff up ^_^

Almost forgot, pictures!

This was one of my last digital systems projects.. it was actually a piece to a larger project that I finished AFTER taking that picture (oh well), but yea..

IMG_0454.JPG

Some books?
220px-Clrs3.jpeg

0136114997.jpg

One of my fun side classes was an iOS programming class, wish I could dig up the rest of these books but I'm forgetting some right now. Hrmm..

1.jpeg

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
dlr2_cover_181.jpg

Maya/animation, and it's especially hard because I have ideas, but I'm still a novice and can't put them together without stuff looking weird and crooked. So I'm hoping I can advance with practice.

pencil+and+mug+2.png

nest.png

Mars+is+Bright+Tonight.png

Definitely nice having a photography background though. Even better a still life one.

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
This old
animal-smiley-051.gif
is in

happy_retirement.jpg

So I'll leave the stress
tomjerrytm.jpg

While I drink
P1020787.jpg

and watch beautiful girls at the beach.:D
Hayden-Panettiere-1920x1200-0940.jpg

TexasChemE

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2011
This summer: Physics (Mechanics, Electricity, and Magnetism)

University-Physics-with-Modern-Physics-Young-Hugh-D-9780321696861.jpg

This upcoming fall:

842230.jpg
204706.jpg

6153.jpg
51xh59JoMXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Should be loads of fun!!!! [/sarcasm]

Last edited:

Starfighter

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2011
Sweden
My studies just ended for the summer so now I'm reading up on PHP (plus a bit about MySQL and Apache) by myself because it's fun!
studies.jpg

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar

Maya/animation, and it's especially hard because I have ideas, but I'm still a novice and can't put them together without stuff looking weird and crooked. So I'm hoping I can advance with practice.

Definitely nice having a photography background though. Even better a still life one.

Very nice!

I love that book, its a very good one.

My current studies are too long to list as I do a lot of different things but right at this moment its:

scottSpencerBig.jpg

Joerot

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2010
environment.jpg

(obv not my own pic :p)

Atm I'm studying Environmental law. It's part of the master environmental sanitation and management. Extra year I'm doing. I'm actually master industrial engineer in food science.

DrakkenWar

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 7, 2010
San Antonio,Texas
Good luck on Nursing school!

Possible Nursing in a few months!

I actually had 8 years in as an Oral Surgery Tech (From my Airforce Days) that bleed into my civilian life. It was good money, and I loved the job. I earned my LVN while in college for my I.T. degrees still undecided which way I was going to go. Be a nurse like my wife? Or follow my geek-i-tude. :D

https://www.ncsbn.org/nclex.htm

https://www.ncsbn.org/index.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCLEX

The N-CLEX is your first hurdle. This is the defacto standard to attain your LVN, which is an integral step in earning a nursing degree. If you have any background in clinical medicine is should pretty much be a breeze. If not? It's a pretty steep uphill battle in a really competitive atmosphere.
With that said? Good luck. Medicine is a really rewarding profession, there are still times I wonder if I made the right decision to damn myself to a career in cube-farms and computers screens. When the tangible reward of scrubbing in with my surgeon to repair a bilateral cleft palette on a 8 month old child, while trying, exhausting and strenuous to say the least was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.