Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

_bnkr612

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 8, 2004
this could be fun.

ouch.

broken_pb.jpg

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
I once pile drived a G3 Green iMac from the top of a pickup. Than took a baseball bat to it with my friends

Those gasses make you woozy....

The thing was broken, believe me it was trash before we got ahold of it.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
Ding! My 17" Powerbook... which I'm currently trying to sell!

Attachments

• ding.jpg
    ding.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 319

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Very interesting pictures, thanks for posting.

I also take good care of my Mac's. They only have the imperfections of production and slight wear and tear.

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
Although I don't have any trashed mac's around I really should take a pic of the computer graveyard me and my roomie have started. We both seem to have an affinity for picking up garbage computers/monitors/cases etc in hopes of getting a cheap PC going. We had 2 pentium II's running for a while but they both kinda bit the dust. So I've got about 2-3 open cases and variose IDE cables and drives sitting around me.

thecow

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2003
Timonium MD
I'll post a picture of my decapitated, functional PowerBook when my digital camera gets back from Las Vegas. It stowed away with my grandmother.

ChrisBrightwell

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I dropped my 12" Powerbook, which fell four feet and landed square on its corner. All it did was press in the corner of the case and buckle two small places in the bottom shell. All of the hardware survived, passed all the hardware tests, and functioned perfectly.

I've heard similar stories, as well as one lady baking her Powerbook in the oven and one guy running over his with a Toyota SUV. They all survived.

A friend of mine dropped his iBook similar to the situation where I dropped my Powerbook, but his outcome was a bit different -- the plastic on the corner shattered.

That's not to say that the PB is stronger than the iB -- just that your mileage may vary. The real idea is to keep stuff like laptops as far away from the edge of your desk as possible.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Balin64

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
In a Mauve Dream
This thread makes me sad

:(

I have had one of my Macs tragically perish: My PB 140 was hit by a damn leaking radiator heater: nothing was hit, and I mean nothing, but the PB: everything was as dry as Texas.

I still have it...

ant_s

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2003
Derby, UK
This post couldn't have come at a better time for me. I just dropped my 15" PowerBook last week and it did rather a lot of damage:

· Buckled/dented lower-left chassis corner
· Buckled and cracked plastic ring on palm rest
· Buckled palm rest on front-left corner
· Dent above PCMCIA slot
· Buckled/skewed and dented screen hinge (causes screen to close at an angle)
· Buckled screen surround
· Dent in battery
· Broken catch prevents screen from latching with main unit
· Dark areas on screen which were not apparent previously

When it gets back from the insurers I'll post photos that I took on my mobile phone, but didn't have time to transfer over bluetooth before sending it away.

It's rather upsetting seeing your beloved computer all smashed up!

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
I don't have any damaged Macs, but I liked this thread so much that i thought I would bump it to the top. :)

doucy2

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
my cube was in a zillion pieces then i put it back together
maby that why it doesnt work

i also had a ti book and a 800mhz g3 ibook the we both completly taken apart

bursty

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2004
Kills me everytime I look at it. Dropped my cell phone onto it from about 10-12 inches. :mad:

smalldsc004772zp.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.