Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Here you go brainkilla, I hope you'll enjoy it.

When I saw the comment requesting a wallpaper I thought that it looked cool enough to make a tile of it - the best I could. And for that I apologize ;) :D
Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 14.46.38.png

Attachments

• Board.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 179

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
When I saw the comment requesting a wallpaper I thought that it looked cool enough to make a tile of it - the best I could. And for that I apologize ;) :D
View attachment 896700

Haha, great work Allan!
Of course, I too started off with a tile. But depending on the screen size, the dots didn't always leave a nice margin on all sides.
Seems like a good time to reveal my source of inspiration.

brainkilla

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2013
View attachment 896700

You, sir, shall not get away so easily for closing your DA account ?
[automerge]1582996510[/automerge]
Haha, great work Allan!
Of course, I too started off with a tile. But depending on the screen size, the dots didn't always leave a nice margin on all sides.
Seems like a good time to reveal my source of inspiration.

Since you made the wallpaper yourself, may I bother you (again) to provide a 5K one? The wallpaper looks great on my 12" MacBook, but is stretched enough on my iMac to ruin the effect... thanks in advance!

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
[automerge]1582996510[/automerge]

Since you made the wallpaper yourself, may I bother you (again) to provide a 5K one? The wallpaper looks great on my 12" MacBook, but is stretched enough on my iMac to ruin the effect... thanks in advance!

Here's the board @ 5120x2880. I can't test it myself, here's hoping it works for you as expected !

Reactions: brainkilla

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
The story behind that is me rampaging through all accounts - deleting, complaining. The usual "having it too good" first world problems. And getting older. Also, not even 8 hours later I reactivated it again - there's some 11 hours still before anything is reactivated according to dA

Reactions: brainkilla

Dahoffman85

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2020
Dual monitor vertically setup, I keep my dock and menubar hidden and just Alfred for everything.

Attachments

• DPSS.PNG
    DPSS.PNG
    640.2 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:

brainkilla

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2013
Cool - You still have Max Rudberg's Etched(sp?) icons still. Cool desktop.

Thanks :). Actually, I've rediscovered the Etched iconset recently on Dribble... and since I've lost the original icons, I was forced to leap through a couple of hoops - I found Max' website on archive.org, managed to download the icontainer, and then extract and export the icons using CandyBar (apparently, guys from Panic didn't mind making it 64-bit years ago...). I could send them to you if you'd like?

Reactions: GerritV

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Thanks :). Actually, I've rediscovered the Etched iconset recently on Dribble... and since I've lost the original icons, I was forced to leap through a couple of hoops - I found Max' website on archive.org, managed to download the icontainer, and then extract and export the icons using CandyBar (apparently, guys from Panic didn't mind making it 64-bit years ago...). I could send them to you if you'd like?
yea, thanks :) I wouldn't mind having them.

I might have icon sets too that I could share that has been mostly deleted from the interwebs. Some websites like softicons.com still serve us the ICO versions and sometimes ICNS version of older icon sets. I recently found the Lätt icons again by artist Rick Patrick who I can't find anywhere on the internet. I hope that nothing serious happened to him that made him remove his presence online. He did amazing work on Niqu and his icons.

Rick Patrick never finished his slanted system folder set that he previewed a little of on Dribbble. Of course, everyone is entitled to do whatever they must to have some privacy online and offline.

Also, Susumu Yoshida.. suddenly dropped out. Was it because he got hammered by complaints when his website was compromised and served malicious content?

Max Rudberg just (recently?) redesigned his website to feature much less of his work. Etched is gone, like you wrote.

I will see about screenshotting a Finder listview or something down the line.

Last edited:

brainkilla

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2013
And here they are - hopefully posting them publicly won't be an issue since at the time of release they were a free download. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Etched_Icons.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 206

revmacian

macrumors 68000
Oct 20, 2018
USA
And here they are - hopefully posting them publicly won't be an issue since at the time of release they were a free download. Enjoy!
Sorry for my amateurish question; how were you able to change the dock icons? I like the look and want to do the same.

bhtwo

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2012
Oxford UK
yea, thanks :) I wouldn't mind having them.

I might have icon sets too that I could share that has been mostly deleted from the interwebs. Some websites like softicons.com still serve us the ICO versions and sometimes ICNS version of older icon sets. I recently found the Lätt icons again by artist Rick Patrick who I can't find anywhere on the internet. I hope that nothing serious happened to him that made him remove his presence online. He did amazing work on Niqu and his icons.

Rick Patrick never finished his slanted system folder set that he previewed a little of on Dribbble. Of course, everyone is entitled to do whatever they must to have some privacy online and offline.

Also, Susumu Yoshida.. suddenly dropped out. Was it because he got hammered by complaints when his website was compromised and served malicious content?

Max Rudberg just (recently?) redesigned his website to feature much less of his work. Etched is gone, like you wrote.

I will see about screenshotting a Finder listview or something down the line.

Susumu, Max and Rick were great artists... hope they're okay

Knew them since my Aquasoft days (Windows/Mac clone themes) then on to MacThemes.... ah the nostalgia!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.