Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
Wow. That's a huge dorm room.
That's only the single one, so if you think thats huge, you can just image how big the doubles are (for 2 people, unless you're an RA or lucky enough to score your own).

Sometimes they squeeze two people in a single, I remember my friend giving a tour, and one of the people asked why 2 people in a single had to pay the same as 2 in a double, so yeah, my college cuts a LOT of corners in this dorm.

bwiissofly

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
That's only the single one, so if you think thats huge, you can just image how big the doubles are (for 2 people, unless you're an RA or lucky enough to score your own).

Sometimes they squeeze two people in a single, I remember my friend giving a tour, and one of the people asked why 2 people in a single had to pay the same as 2 in a double, so yeah, my college cuts a LOT of corners in this dorm.

You're lucky. I have a single and it's not that big.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
your dorm looks like at one point in time it was a motel/hotel.... was it?
I wish my single in college was that big. Mine was just long enough to fit the extra long twin bed.... :p

I am going to college next year at Lipscomb here in Nashville and i need some ideas on what to do to my dorm. My friends and i really like computers and modern furniture but nothing is counted out. Thanks

I highly recommend a floor lamp that dims. My dorms were always so bright at night when I just wanted to relax and watch TV. I recommend one that has flexible arms so you and point light at specific places in the room. :)
Also a cheap throw rug... who knows what's on the carpet :eek:

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
your dorm looks like at one point in time it was a motel/hotel.... was it?
I wish my single in college was that big. Mine was just long enough to fit the extra long twin bed.... :p
Beats the hell out of me. It's basically a bought-out old Fairfield Inn hotel building.
It's pretty pricey, though. $2.5 grand/quarter.

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
its money well spent IMO :)
I guess, I mean, no real complaints although you'd think for that much, they'd do a few more things (A/Cs are extremely dirty, they plan to replace the carpet due to poor cleaning, our internet speed was cut by almost 90% since last year for some odd reason).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.