Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jigglelicious

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2004
NYC
ryannel2003 said:
Wow!! Was that hard to do? I probably could never do it becuase I would probably mess it up.

No, it was actually pretty simple to do. As long as you have steady hands and know how to use a solder gun, its a piece of cake. Now, replacing the hard drive - THAT was a lot of work!

ryannel2003

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 30, 2005
Greenville, NC
I Finally Got my iPod!!!

Hello everybody!! I finally got my iPod Shuffle 512MB!!! It's amazing!! I had orginally had ordered it from the Apple Store but a girl in my class told me that Target here had a whole bunch of them. So on Thursday, my mom took me by Target and sure enough they had both 512MB and 1GB models. I brought it home, installed software, plugged it into eMac and it started Autofilling!! It's the most amazing little piece of hardware I've ever used. Beats the crap out of any other MP3 player (except larger iPods!!)

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
Thought i'd post a pic of my eMac....Superb machine highly reccomended|!!!!

ShadOW :D

Attachments

• Pic(1).jpg
    Pic(1).jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 181

ryannel2003

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 30, 2005
Greenville, NC
shadowmoses said:
Thought i'd post a pic of my eMac....Superb machine highly reccomended|!!!!

ShadOW :D

Very nice eMac!! I also like your Shuffle! Using mine right now while iPod Mini is in for repair or replacement! (Don't know what they're doing with it).

ryannel2003

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 30, 2005
Greenville, NC
jamesW135 said:
These are some nice set-ups i'm really thinking bout' getting one of these. :)

I totally recommend the new eMacs! I've had mine for 8 months and I still love it! The new ones also come with more features and a faster processor. :)

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
ryannel2003 said:
I totally recommend the new eMacs! I've had mine for 8 months and I still love it! The new ones also come with more features and a faster processor. :)

eMac's are a great bargain that many over look. My eMac out performs my PB 12" 1ghz model. All due to the faster HDD of course.

Tahko

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2005
Finnland
only drawback with eMacs is CRT-display. My Squier Bullet "E'02" doesn't really like those because of it's single-coil mics. Too much distortion.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Tahko said:
only drawback with eMacs is CRT-display. My Squier Bullet "E'02" doesn't really like those because of it's single-coil mics. Too much distortion.

That's no good. :(

For the ignorant among us, what's a Squier Bullet E02?

Tahko

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2005
Finnland
FadeToBlack said:
A guitar, I'm guessing. :)
Yes, and not just some guitar! It's my first guitar bought in 1998, and "E'02" means Edition 2002. I customized it all by myself back then. Whole deck custom tagged, waxed original mics, sculptured, honed & drilled fretboard, enlargened & coiled echo-surface(?), new knobs & .08-gauge D'Adaggio strings to keep on playing longer! Gotta love it.. :D

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Tahko said:
Yes, and not just some guitar! It's my first guitar bought in 1998, and "E'02" means Edition 2002. I customized it all by myself back then. Whole deck custom tagged, waxed original mics, sculptured, honed & drilled fretboard, enlargened & coiled echo-surface(?), new knobs & .08-gauge D'Adaggio strings to keep on playing longer! Gotta love it.. :D

Sounds cool. Just out of interest, I'm not a guitarist let alone a musician and I don't use an eMac. How does it keep up with Garageband? No problems?

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
Hello everybody!!

Lately, many people have made entire threads devoted to PowerBooks, iMacs and Mac Minis so I'm going to dedicate one to the lonely stepchild of the Apple family: the eMac. It's a great computer, it's just it doesn't look "Cool" or "Sexy" when compared to the other models; here's mine. :)

Wow, so thats how it looked like! I know, this thread is old

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.