Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nightdweller25

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
I just thought it would be cool for the macrumors community to post their favorite Automator Actions or their home made Automator Actions since there are a lot of people on these forums who don't really know their way around Automator so it would be nice for you guys to post some so we can download them.

snickelfritz

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Tucson AZ
These are all Finder plugins.
http://www.byrographics.com/media/workflows.zip
plugin.png

Applespider

macrumors G4
I've got a few but not sure anyone would be interested in having themselves. They're all very simple. I think Automator looks tougher than it is. Once you understand what the actions all do and the structure required in a workflow, it's suprisingly easy.

I use one that downloads the iTMS music videos, two that find and copy images/music from iPhoto/iTunes to the desktop without having to open the respective app, one that resizes screenshots, convert to jpgs and renames, one that allows Image Capture to rename files from my CF card sequentially before importing them to iPhoto, one that finds birthdays in iCal and sends birthday greetings automatically.

crees!

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
Safari Web Page to PDF

Does anyone have one that takes a webpage and saves it as a PDF? For the life of me I can't figure it out.

crees!

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
snickelfritz said:
just print the page and choose "save as PDF".

Yes, I know that process and it's a pain in the ass. There are too many steps and I just want a simple action where I can just choose the location to save it and that be it. I do this a lot and something to simpify it would be nice. Hence Automater.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.