Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seong

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
[EDIT]
Post your favorite iOS 5.0.1 Cydia Themes!
I've found out that some of the themes are being updated, so I'll be patient and wait for them.
Meanwhile, any cool themes?
Personally, I like Touchit iPad iOS 5.
IMG-0003.png

Last edited:

seong

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
I found InPulse for iPad, but its not as good as I expected it to be.
iFlat4 HD looks awesome, but is not compatible with iPad on iOS 5.

tonyy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2011
Dallas
I'm having the same problem. It's either the theme works but not all the icons change or it just doesn't look good.

Looking into finding different icons and making my own combinations.

seong

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
I'm having the same problem. It's either the theme works but not all the icons change or it just doesn't look good.

Looking into finding different icons and making my own combinations.

No, not doing that again, ever. I spent so much time on 2.0 and 3.0 just doing that.
I'm sticking with InPulse for now.

burntomaro

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2011
How do you go in and change the pics of individual icons? I tried the darkness theme and it only changed a handful. I know you have to ssh into your phones directory and resave the icon images but not sure exactly how to accomplish this.

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
Blaz3, noname hd and Blue iPad v2 are a few that work.

Here is noname hd on my ipad. I have altered the code a bit in order to have larger, bold and red icon folder names. They are originally black with white shadow. To hard to read.
Also have infinidock and overflow active for the dock.

406929_10150530828217906_679052905_8729676_121430952_n.jpg

----------

How do you go in and change the pics of individual icons? I tried the darkness theme and it only changed a handful. I know you have to ssh into your phones directory and resave the icon images but not sure exactly how to accomplish this.

You utilize iFile to change the code. Basically, find an image of an icon you like by downloading a tweak like ”alt icons" via iFile, copy the file of the image, then find the file within the theme you downloaded, paste in the new icon file and overwrite the old one.

It helps if you start learning how the code works and where items are stored. Most themers tend to use similar file folder naming and placement. Makes life easier. Learn the code on your own. It's not hard, just a lot of looking around on your own via iFile.

If you add weather data via a theme, you'll have to go into the weather folder and change that code too. People usually use yahoo weather, which is typically a code like usca1234 or 12796886. You get the code by surfing the net to yahoo weather and type in your city, then look at the address bar for a code that looks like that. Easy stuff, once you know what to look for.

macbookman83

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2011
New York
Just installed it a little while ago. Works nicely on the icons and such but it didn't change the wallpaper for whatever reason, just like every other theme I've tried thus far.

Yup this theme is mainly for the icons as it isn't a complete theme. It allows you to change it to whatever wallpaper you desire. I think I perfer this one to the non changeable themes. I like my tablet to vibrant with colors and not just dark.....

Just my two cents ;)

seong

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
You know, I've been going around, searching for some small widgets, but HOW THE HELL do you do THIS? The clock&time! It looks AWESOME to me! Reminds me of GeekTool a lot.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 148
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 119
  • c.png
    c.png
    419.5 KB · Views: 5,929
  • d.png
    d.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 4,509
  • e.jpeg
    e.jpeg
    44 KB · Views: 140

chkenwing

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2010
^^ The last one is Breeze HD. I've got it working for my iPad.

As far as themes go, the only one I've found to work nicely is AIR for iPad.

seong

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
Hey, does anyone know what the live time&date on the springboard is called? I'm trying to find if I can make one myself.
Or, can someone tell me which theme is this?
attachment.php

ahhboi

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2012
^^ The last one is Breeze HD. I've got it working for my iPad.

As far as themes go, the only one I've found to work nicely is AIR for iPad.
Hi, do you have the wallpaper for that? The dark sky wallpaper. Looks COOL!

And any idea which line i need to edit so that I can shift the "weather portion"? Because its blocking my picture frame icon.

Thanks

Last edited:

seong

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
Hi, do you have the wallpaper for that? The dark sky wallpaper. Looks COOL!

And any idea which line i need to edit so that I can shift the "weather portion"? Because its blocking my picture frame icon.

Thanks

I believe you can use iExplorer or Diskaid to navigate to the theme's directory, then edit the HTML file.
I'm not the HTML guy, so idk, but perhaps you can mess around with it a bit.

Nokaoi

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2009
[EDIT]
Post your favorite iOS 5.0.1 Cydia Themes!
I've found out that some of the themes are being updated, so I'll be patient and wait for them.
Meanwhile, any cool themes?
Personally, I like Touchit iPad iOS 5.

Theme question:

How did you get the rest of your icons themed? Only a handful of icons are themed on mine.

seong

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
Theme question:

How did you get the rest of your icons themed? Only a handful of icons are themed on mine.

There is a thread on MacThemes on this theme, where a lot of people request and some people make it. For some of these, I made them myself, and some are from the thread.
You can change/theme your icon by:
1) navigating to Applications directory using iFile
2) tap on the app folder, find out the name of the app by looking for _____.app folder
3) Navigate to private/var/stash/Themes.xxxxx/whicheverthemeyouareusing/Folders.
4) Create a file called _______.app (where _____.app is the same name from what you found in step 2)
5) Right click on the app file you just created and click on 'Show Package Contents', and place the icon that you desire (in 72x72 for iPad, 114x114 for retina display devices)
6) rename the .png icon file to 'icon-72.png' for iPad.
7) Respring, or use winterboard to disable the theme and re-enable it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.