Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac-Addict

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 30, 2006
London
I was in tescos today and say the bluescreen of death on 20+ monitors xD
2pfkns

ErikCLDR

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2007
God I love tesco, I wish they had it in the US. I can't wait to go back to Europe and find it once more. I went to one is Galway, Ireland at midnight, just because I could.... or was that Dunn's?

Anways, Tesco is amazing. I love how illogically laid out it is.

Sorry for getting off topic

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
I'm sure there has been lots of study/psychology put into the layout of tescos to make it perfectly logical.

They even have Tesco in Thailand.

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
Gosh... despite the blue screens of death ... that picture just made me really nostalgic. I miss Tesco so much here in Germany. It is the biggest pain in the butt going to 20 different shops to get enough ingredients to bake a cake.

notsofatjames

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2007
Wales, UK
I love how on topic this thread is. I too love tescos.

But back on topic, dont most blue screens look relatively the same. Just a different error code and jargon.
I had a BSOD once, and after restarting Error Reporting thingy popped up and I said send, and it said, click here for the solution to your problem, and it loaded the attached page.

Windows acknowledges its problems, but it cant solve them...

Attachments

• win.jpg
    win.jpg
    344.3 KB · Views: 751

ErikCLDR

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2007
I'm sure there has been lots of study/psychology put into the layout of tescos to make it perfectly logical.

They even have Tesco in Thailand.

The one I went to in ireland was bizzare.

There was the bakery, and then other store baked goods in a totally different area. All the frozen food isles are not together.

I dunno, it just seemed weird. Stuff didn't always seem logically located.

Shaduu

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2007
Southsea
I was in tescos today and say the bluescreen of death on 20+ monitors xD

So Tesco does run Windows... (I was having an argument with my friend about whether it was XP or Linux).

Also, do I see, "Free monkey"? Why does Manchester have no free monkeys? :(

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
I hate tesco!
They try to take over everything and force out small businesses.
In Newport we have population of about 140,000.
There are:
1 Normal Tesco
1 Tesco Extra
and maybe 4 Tesco Metro stores.

Something like £1 in every £8 spent in the UK is spent in Tesco.

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
I hate tesco!
There are:
1 Normal Tesco
1 Tesco Extra

sounds like woolworths/coles over in our country. these two companies are pretty much raising prices and taking over the whole market.. bastards lol. (i work for one of them hahaha, how sad is that!)

Southern

macrumors regular
May 15, 2007
London, UK
It's actually worrying how much Windows is relied upon for basic computing. I commonly see the Windows login prompt on cash machines that haven't booted properly, as well as on monitors in shops and on train station platforms.

dogtanian

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2007
Bournemouth, UK
I hate tesco!
There are:
1 Normal Tesco
1 Tesco Extra

So you want to penalise successful UK businesses? Just playing devils advocate but they're just building a viable and profitable business. People are always going on about Tesco's taking over the UK (And world it would seem, Fresh and Easy anyone?) but at the end of the day, these people go and shop in Tesco's every evening! Vote with your feet and stay out if you hate them!

Back on topic though, I've seen the advertising LCD's by the Tills in my local Tesco's out of action but didn't know it was MS Windows behind it. Funny stuff! :D My Tesco has hundreds of Plasma's and LCD's all over the place.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
So you want to penalise successful UK businesses? Just playing devils advocate but they're just building a viable and profitable business. People are always going on about Tesco's taking over the UK (And world it would seem, Fresh and Easy anyone?) but at the end of the day, these people go and shop in Tesco's every evening! Vote with your feet and stay out if you hate them!

I don't shop in Tesco.

Tesco are the worst supermarket for putting small businesses under.

Where you used to have thriving local shopping areas with several shops of different kinds (bakers, green grocers, butchers etc) you now have a bloody Tesco Metro.
At least they've been stopped with their estate agent business.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
They're funnier when they're big, in public, on street corners, and surrounded by company signs like Fidelity. :D

Attachments

• blue-screen-of-death-fideli_thumb.jpg
    blue-screen-of-death-fideli_thumb.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 569

dogtanian

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2007
Bournemouth, UK
I don't shop in Tesco.

Tesco are the worst supermarket for putting small businesses under.

Where you used to have thriving local shopping areas with several shops of different kinds (bakers, green grocers, butchers etc) you now have a bloody Tesco Metro.
At least they've been stopped with their estate agent business.

(Perhaps) unfortunately, this is what consumers want. Good prices, all in one place, at a time thats suitable for us and with the promise of good quality food (Whether they live up that promise is clearly debatable but we like to be assured we're eating well!).

Like I said, I just play devils advocate.

I love that last pic btw!

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
I was at party for some relative of the in-laws. It was a 60th birthday and they were projecting photos. I think in the space of 3 hours the laptop blue screened 4 times. They just turned it off after the last time.

dogtanian

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2007
Bournemouth, UK
mac_crash_4_thumb.jpg

Not quite a blue screen of death but just to show it happens to Macs too!

blue screen of death subway_thumb.jpg

This is one of my favourites, imagine driving to work and seeing that by the side of the road!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.