Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vvebster

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
17-40mm-DSC_1383-768.jpg

for

Riviera Maya, Mexico. Don't know which resort yet, I'll my package deal in June, last minute deals are the best! :D
xelha7b2ba.jpg

XR7CAT

macrumors member
Feb 29, 2012
North Dakota
Hope to get one of these bad boys for my mini:

hl-hero-2.jpg

Will only be getting the 120 GB version as I don't utilize enough disc space on my current 320 HDD and I have a 1 TB external always connected to the mini anyways.

RossMc

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2010
Newcastle, UK
362_241_crop_resize.jpg

27" iMac if I get the job i'm training for at Nissan.

I currently have a MacBook Pro which I only really bought for University as I needed something portable to take into lectures etc with me.

Now I'm back home I am thinking about getting the iMac as I don't really need anything portable plus I have an iPad 2 anyway which I can use if I don't want to be sat at a desktop.

studentmac

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2007
Bedfordshire, UK

27" iMac if I get the job i'm training for at Nissan.

I currently have a MacBook Pro which I only really bought for University as I needed something portable to take into lectures etc with me.

Now I'm back home I am thinking about getting the iMac as I don't really need anything portable plus I have an iPad 2 anyway which I can use if I don't want to be sat at a desktop.

I did the same; went through uni with a MacBook Pro (despite rarely removing it from my desk) then changed to an iMac when I returned home. Wish I had this much screen space at uni!

Bigredhawkeye

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2012
Going to pick up a Condor Molle Urban Go-Pack this summer for some day trips that I'm planning on.

CN-147_01_lg.jpg

And I plan on buying a Bushmaster M4 A3 version this summer after my money from my ROTC scholarship comes through:

MCWA2F14M4.jpg

Starfighter

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2011
Sweden
sandisk_32gb_ssd_zoom.jpg

Not exactly the one in the picture but I really want to try out a SSD. I just have to do my homework as to what I have to think about regarding compability and so on.

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
This is a really exciting future purchase and I bet nobody knows what this is.:p

So I finally got this future (though inexpensive) purchase and now I have to put the sucker in. Push pull pots can make guitars get different sounds on the cheap.

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 1,827

kapolani

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2011
USA
Going to pick up a Condor Molle Urban Go-Pack this summer for some day trips that I'm planning on.

And I plan on buying a Bushmaster M4 A3 version this summer after my money from my ROTC scholarship comes through:

Any reason you're going with Bushmaster?

I don't know about lately, but QA was really bad a few years ago. Saw a lot of guys swearing at their rifles at the range.

Bigredhawkeye

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2012
Any reason you're going with Bushmaster?

I don't know about lately, but QA was really bad a few years ago. Saw a lot of guys swearing at their rifles at the range.

Mostly due to my father having one for quite awhile and I've had a good experience with it.

But when I get closer I'll start doing more research...I haven't heard about quality issues with Bushmaster ARs so I'll definitely look into that this summer.

kapolani

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2011
USA
Mostly due to my father having one for quite awhile and I've had a good experience with it.

But when I get closer I'll start doing more research...I haven't heard about quality issues with Bushmaster ARs so I'll definitely look into that this summer.

You could build your own as well. You can get good quality parts for a little more than you'd pay retail on a pre-made rig.

Just got a stripped lower. Planning on building a 300 BLK this summer.

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
TSA700.jpg

Need a new Karate gi. Not many stockists left of this particular brand in the UK, so ordering direct from Japan.

That's really a cool one. I wonder if practitioners in the UK are starting to use either the street clothes approach (one class I did in USA) or work with the gi but all with white belts.

Experience makes a white belt get darker with years of use eventually turning black with dirt and being tossed on bum a lot (Okinawan karate approach). Wikipedia sometimes refutes this theory/approach so I guess my Japanese ancestors were wrong and Wikipedia is the TRUTH. ;)

My grandfather was Okinawan and not into belt colors (per se) and went with the old school one color belt where there was no way to make it black other than many years of practice. But like the character Miyagi from Karate Kid, a belt works primarily as a great way to hold up pants.

However, past shodan and years after that belt unravels and turns into a dusty white, thus full circle for master level.

Last edited:

Pock

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2012
Beds/Cambs, UK
That's really a cool one. I wonder if practitioners in the UK are starting to use either the street clothes approach (one class I did in USA) or work with the gi but all with white belts.

Experience makes a white belt get darker with years of use eventually turning black with dirt and being tossed on bum a lot (Okinawan karate approach). Wikipedia sometimes refutes this theory/approach so I guess my Japanese ancestors were wrong and Wikipedia is the TRUTH. ;)

My grandfather was Okinawan and not into belt colors (per se) and went with the old school one color belt where there was no way to make it black other than many years of practice. But like the character Miyagi from Karate Kid, a belt works primarily as a great way to hold up pants.

However, past shodan and years after that belt unravels and turns into a dusty white, thus full circle for master level.

Depends entirely on the association. I practice Traditional Karate and we use a white gi with coloured belts, which is obviously a western invention to keep interest with younger members. I can in fact trace my instructor ancestry back to Funakoshi, so I like to think a lot of our practices remain traditional.

I passed Shodan 11 years ago and my belt is becoming very white!

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Depends entirely on the association. I practice Traditional Karate and we use a white gi with coloured belts, which is obviously a western invention to keep interest with younger members. I can in fact trace my instructor ancestry back to Funakoshi, so I like to think a lot of our practices remain traditional.

I passed Shodan 11 years ago and my belt is becoming very white!

Many congrats. That is so cool that there are those like you who still know about this. I am afraid that Japan has fallen victim to either what is the Westernization of martial arts or at least to achieve instant gratification and plastic trophies. ;)

I guess if it takes gimmicks then why not give out free iTunes songs to those who work their way up the ranks!:eek:

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
Toying with the idea of replacing my high end JVC with one of these

The site could seriously damage your bank balance, but I should get a good trade in deal...Trouble is UK prices are pretty much £ for $ so I might go grey. Plenty of friends to and fro from NY to the UK. I've never done it, but know people who have without problems.

Attachments

• XHG1S.jpg
    XHG1S.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 1,662

Pock

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2012
Beds/Cambs, UK
Many congrats. That is so cool that there are those like you who still know about this. I am afraid that Japan has fallen victim to either what is the Westernization of martial arts or at least to achieve instant gratification and plastic trophies. ;)

I guess if it takes gimmicks then why not give out free iTunes songs to those who work their way up the ranks!:eek:

Completely agree. I left my first club after a couple of years because it was becoming too much of a 'sport'.

adamvk

macrumors 65816
Oct 29, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
the-new-ipad.jpg

iPad Wifi 32GB. (New model)

My first iPad since the first generation one I sold after about three months. I'm excited to have an iPad with apps and features. I was an early adopter of the first one.

-SD-

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Peterborough, UK
Much as I love my 330i, I'm looking to upgrade. At the moment the Jaguar XF 3.0 V6 Diesel is tickling my fancy. Either the standard Luxury or the S version. I need to book a test drive, but I'm about sold anyway.

:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.