Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XIII

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
England
Ok, we have a PowerBook setup thread, but my searchs turned up no iBook setup threads. I know there are hundreds of iBook users out there, so what are you waiting for? Post your iBook setup!

I will do mine in just a second, once the camera has charged! :D

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
Okay, here you go....

The first picture is where you'll usually find me working on the iBook: sitting at the kitchen counter. The wine glasses in the background were from last night... I'd NEVER work with a glass of wine ;)

The second picture is the print/recharge/DSL station. Lots of cords, battery/cell phone chargers, etc., conveniently tucked in an out-of-sight corner of the TV room.

The third picture is my home-audio center in the living room: yet another iBook, the original G3 model, which now mainly serves as the "remote control" for my Cube music server upstairs. You don't see the Airport Express hiding behind the bookcase.

Attachments

• ibook1.jpg
    ibook1.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 526
  • ibook2.jpg
    ibook2.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 239
  • ibook3.jpg
    ibook3.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 251

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
12" iBook G4@800MHz (Rev A) with 640 MB RAM (changed one 128 chip with a 512), 60 GB HD BTO, Airport Extreme, Combo Drive, Keyspan BT USB dongle (I could hit myself for not getting the internal BTO).

Use iSync to keep addresses and calendar on my SonyEricsson T68i up to date.

Have an Airport Express hooked up to my HiFi, and use the iBook as a jukebox when I'm home...

Frequently loaning a LaCie d2 4x DVD-/+RW FireWire drive for backup purposes...

Are you sure there hasn't been an iBook-thread, already...?

[Picture is from the day we got ADSL in our new house...]

Attachments

• IM000440.jpg
    IM000440.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 693

XIII

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
England
Nice 14" WordMunger! What specs is it?

I did search for an iBook setup thread, but didn't find one.. I found it strange too.. My batteries in 10 minutes! :p

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
XIII said:
Nice 14" WordMunger! What specs is it?

I did search for an iBook setup thread, but didn't find one.. I found it strange too.. My batteries in 10 minutes! :p

It's a 1.33 Ghz G4 with 768 MB RAM and the 80 Gig HD. I just got a combo drive since most of my files are small and I don't do video.

edit: Oh, yeah, it's got internal bluetooth, too. Forgot -- I hardly ever use it. Maybe someday I'll get a bluetooth phone and it'll get some use.

XIII

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
England
wordmunger said:
It's a 1.33 Ghz G4 with 768 MB RAM and the 80 Gig HD. I just got a combo drive since most of my files are small and I don't do video.

edit: Oh, yeah, it's got internal bluetooth, too. Forgot -- I hardly ever use it. Maybe someday I'll get a bluetooth phone and it'll get some use.

Yeah, cool. I would've got internal bluetooth, but I needed to get mine before I left the States, so I had to order it stock. I love the DVD burning though.

Ok, here are some of mine, featuring my iBook, and my Tucano second skin for it.

This is where it usually is..

Random025.jpg

Random024.jpg

Random023.jpg

Random022.jpg

Random021.jpg

Please say, anyone, if you would prefer these as links..

john_satc

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2005
B'ham Uk
i have photos of my setup , saved as jpg. they are still to big to be uploaded. how do i make the pictures physically smaller? on windows you could easily you paint, how do i on here?

.mp3

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2005
Sweden
I want to see more iBook clamshell pictures. Becuse I really like the design on that computer. So bring it on!

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
john_satc said:
i have photos of my setup , saved as jpg. they are still to big to be uploaded. how do i make the pictures physically smaller? on windows you could easily you paint, how do i on here?

You can use iPhoto to export them at a certain size (pixel dimensions). If they're still too big, open them in Preview and use the File--Export command. Click on "options" and decrease the quality of the .JPG.

XIII

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
England
:(

:p

That would involve so much editing.. :eek: I would have to open up iPhoto and all.. And then reupload them... :eek: Let a poor kid off... ;) :D

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I love your set-up iGary. I've seen it a couple of times now and I reckon it's probably my favourite on Macrumors. There's something so stunning about the consumer line that the pro machines just never quite match.

nightdweller25

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2005
eh, sorry but I never have it in one place for too long so heres it just sitting in the living room in front of the tv.

Attachments

• DSCF0071.JPG
    DSCF0071.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 230

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
iGary - I love your setup. Holy crap. The Home one is the best I have seen in a long time. I love the desk (the wood), and the lighting, etc.

That right there is the setup I imagine. I hate mine right now. Dark oak desk, 17" CRT, PMac G4 500Mhz.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Dan H said:
My iBook setup... Kinda messy, but it all works out in the end. :rolleyes:

/daniel

That tower, scanner, and speakers looks like a robot with the speakers as the eyes :p

EDIT: And no I haven't been drinking! I just see what I see :rolleyes: ;)

MacPhreak

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2004
Lexington, KY
iGary said:
iBook Home:

iBook at Work:

'Tis a nice IS lens you have on your work desk. Canon is it? I was going to ask if you were a pro photog, but I checked your homepage, and darned if you're not!

Annapolis is a beautiful place to take pictures. I grew up just east of you in Delaware; I still ride through a couple of times a year on the way to visit the parents. Had a classmate or two who went to the Naval Academy.

Edit:
No need to quote the pictures, too :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.