Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NBKindaGirl

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2017
Kansas City, Missouri
How does the home screen in iOS 14 looks like if you reset it to default?
I reset my layout to default for you since it doesn’t really bother me to rearrange things. This is the first main page followed by a second page, third page is just more of my apps, in alphabetical order.

Oh and there are a bunch of random widgets on that first widget page

Attachments

• 4F09AF0E-4601-4431-8915-B0321D80636E.jpeg
    4F09AF0E-4601-4431-8915-B0321D80636E.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 877
  • F2A1BD05-FAE2-4F0E-99DF-9993BF6D2255.jpeg
    F2A1BD05-FAE2-4F0E-99DF-9993BF6D2255.jpeg
    213.5 KB · Views: 259
Reactions: NewUsername

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Third party widgets should be a lot of fun. Widget Wizard (currently in TestFlight) is already a lot of fun and more practical than what Apple currently offers. I look forward to seeing the competition between developers.
It would also be cool to have a dark sky widget rather than the horrendously inaccurate weather widgets we have now. I’m sure in places where the weather is sunny a lot it goes unnoticed but where I live the weather changes by the half hour. The current weather app is about 24 hours delayed it feels like.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
For those who gave me their email address to pass on to the developer of the battery grapher widget, he informed me that the beta is closed. I didn’t make it in either. It would have been nice if he had posted that salient information, so as to not waste our time. He also said would be making a post on MR about the app.

Last edited:

Sal09

macrumors 601
Sep 21, 2014
United Kingdom
For those who gave me their email address to pass on to the developer of the battery grapher widget, he informed me that the beta is closed. I didn’t make it in either. It would have been nice if he had posted that salient information, so as to not waste our time. He also said would be making a post on MR about the app.

Thanks for your help. That is such a shame. I was most certainly going to buy the app upon its release but ill think twice now purely if there is lack of communication or support by developer. Lets see :)

Reactions: dbrewood

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Thanks for your help. That is such a shame. I was most certainly going to buy the app upon its release but ill think twice now purely if there is lack of communication or support by developer. Lets see :)
He was on here a fair amount when he first released the watch app. After a few updates, he disappeared. I guess he prefers Reddit to MR.
[automerge]1599695127[/automerge]
Thank you!! ☺
What does NB stand for; New Balance?

Reactions: NBKindaGirl

Hadron

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2010
My iOS 14 homescreen, I’m probably one of the few but I still prefer widgets on my left page. I like a clean home screen.
View attachment 951256 View attachment 951257
It's funny how the same words mean different things. Although I'm a Mac user my phones so far have been Android, and a large part of that is the inability of iOS to offer a "clean home screen". Your first screenshot has 20 app icons plus the dock: mine has one (3rd party, custom) widget plus the dock. So what you call "clean" seems horribly cluttered to me.

(I should perhaps say that my Mac desktops are completely clean, no icons on them at all. Just not how I work).

I like iOS14 precisely because it allows a bit more flexibility than before. But it still has arbitrary constraints. That said, the steps they've made pkus the prospect of the 5.4" iPhone have got my interest, but if I go that way my home screen will ideally consist of one widget stack and nothing else - as I say, "clean" means different things to different people ;)

TruBleu

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
The Hague, Netherlands
Cheers.

Can you screenshot your automation set up so I can set it to update itself? I set a daily update but it failed. Can you set it to update several times a day?
Sorry for the delayed response. It’s a straightforward automation. Screenshot below. I have setup 2 automations, one in the morning and one in the evening, so that the widget refreshes twice a day. 6409257B-EB4E-42C7-9A14-C7F7BE8FE25E.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.