Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Rain, and lots of it: http://youtu.be/ft0FkZHXbo8

You recorded it wrong...:(

Eh?

----------

Anyone trying to implement videos use [..youtube]url[../youtube]. Don't include the two ..

Official macrumors how to

For my browser that makes large white squares and I'm not able to play the video. :( I'll try to figure out what setting I have that causes that.

----------

My 8 month old son doing funny things with his mouth lol

http://youtu.be/m2V_G0DgeKY

Very cute! I could almost feel the spit hitting me in the face and then instantly catching a cold. ;)

Zebulon76

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2013
For my browser that makes large white squares and I'm not able to play the video. :( I'll try to figure out what setting I have that causes that.

Just put the last character set for ex : [..youtube]faK2xh8CkbQ[/..youtube]

TriHFH

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2007
How do you export it in Slo mo

There's a free app for the iPhone 5S called TruSloMo that saves your slo-mo videos at 30fps so that you can import them to your computer, post them on Instagram, etc.

Full disclosure: I wrote TruSloMo the day after the 5S came out, because I was annoyed that I couldn't post slo-mo videos to Instagram out-of-the-box. It took until today for Apple to approve it into the app store :(

bollyboy

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2010
Manchester - UK
There's a free app for the iPhone 5S called TruSloMo that saves your slo-mo videos at 30fps so that you can import them to your computer, post them on Instagram, etc.

Full disclosure: I wrote TruSloMo the day after the 5S came out, because I was annoyed that I couldn't post slo-mo videos to Instagram out-of-the-box. It took until today for Apple to approve it into the app store :(

Hi

I don't have my phone with me at the moment so i'm unable to try but will this also allow Whatsapp to retain the slo-mo.

It's a pain the phone has the feature but exporting them is so limited.

Thanks

TriHFH

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2007
Hi

I don't have my phone with me at the moment so i'm unable to try but will this also allow Whatsapp to retain the slo-mo.

It's a pain the phone has the feature but exporting them is so limited.

Thanks

Yep, TruSloMo allows you to send your slo-mo videos over WhatsApp. It allows you to use the slo-mo videos with ANY app that can import videos from the camera roll. And it eliminates the silly need to email the slo-mo video to yourself, AirDrop it to another phone, etc.

I hope you like it! :)

iPhoneBlog

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2009
Helsinki
If I start 'TruSloMo' on my iPhone 5s it shows this message (without letting me using the app):

"This app only works on the iPhone 5s".

TriHFH

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2007
If I start 'TruSloMo' on my iPhone 5s it shows this message (without letting me using the app):

"This app only works on the iPhone 5s".

Well crap, that's not good at all. Just to be sure -- you ARE using a 5S, not a 5? I put in special checking to make sure it only works on a 5S, but maybe there are versions of the 5S I'm not aware about. Could you PM me your carrier / 5S model?

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to derail this thread! I'll post a slomo video when I get out of bed to make up for it :)

Last edited:

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
Sorry for the noob-like question, but is it advisable to just shoot all videos in "slo mo" or do the videos record in different quality?

I only ask because if I was taking a random video in regular video mode, I do not have the option to slo-mo and sometimes I say to myself, I wish I could have slo-mo'ed that!

If I were to record all videos in slo mo mode (and just opt not to slo mo any footage) would I be sacrificing any video quality, or perhaps does it use up more memory as opposed to reguar video mode?

Thanks!

TriHFH

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2007
Sorry for the noob-like question, but is it advisable to just shoot all videos in "slo mo" or do the videos record in different quality?

I only ask because if I was taking a random video in regular video mode, I do not have the option to slo-mo and sometimes I say to myself, I wish I could have slo-mo'ed that!

If I were to record all videos in slo mo mode (and just opt not to slo mo any footage) would I be sacrificing any video quality, or perhaps does it use up more memory as opposed to reguar video mode?

Thanks!

Shooting in slo-mo mode DOES sacrifice video quality. Slo-mo shoots in 720p instead of the normal 1080p. I'm not sure about the disk usage vs. standard video.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
Shooting in slo-mo mode DOES sacrifice video quality. Slo-mo shoots in 720p instead of the normal 1080p. I'm not sure about the disk usage vs. standard video.

Thanks for the info!

I guess I have to decifer wether it is worth recording in slo-mo mode on. For the most part I think 720p is sufficient

Treble

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2013
Manchester UK
Well crap, that's not good at all. Just to be sure -- you ARE using a 5S, not a 5? I put in special checking to make sure it only works on a 5S, but maybe there are versions of the 5S I'm not aware about. Could you PM me your carrier / 5S model?

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to derail this thread! I'll post a slomo video when I get out of bed to make up for it :)

Does exactly the same for me too

dogbiskit2

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2008

The app seems like exactly what I'm looking for but I got the same message here. :(

TriHFH

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2007
The app seems like exactly what I'm looking for but I got the same message here. :(

Sorry you guys are running into problems! Turns out that I have a nasty bug where users with an international iPhone 5S are presented with this error message. You can see more info here.

But don't worry! I already submitted a fix to Apple yesterday, and hope that it will be available for everyone to use by early next week. Thanks for your patience :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.