Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jack426

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2015
North Carolina
I recently moved all my apps to a second page, and I'm glad I did.
I like being able to fully view my wallpaper.
image.jpg

Last edited:

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
What's disgusting about it? How do you want it to look?

I'm wondering this as well. I don't think the iOS 8 UI is too bad. A little wasteful and way too close to the iPhone UI on iPad, but it looks fine I think. My main issue is the dock, with the translucency it looks really cool to me, but it covers too much of the wallpaper. This causes many wallpapers to look gross because it's so covered up. The shadow at the bottom of the home screen right above the dock in iOS 4-6 made wallpapers look amazing. Plus there was a good amount of blending from the icons to the wallpaper because of the drop shadows. Other than that though, I think for how iOS is heading now, the iOS 7-8 design is better. More flexible to add more features, more clean, more modern. The iOS 6 and below design looked great, but it was getting really stale.

I'm pretty sure I prefer this

Over what would likely be a combination of these

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
Is that in Cydia?

Not sure. Just googled "iOS 6 control center" and found it. Was an image on reddit. Here's the link I guess. http://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments/2e54e0/ios_6_control_center_anyone_lol/

Anyway my current homescreen. Simply OS X Mavericks wallpaper.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 158

klikekyle

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2012
Minez...

New wall. New screen. :cool:

Attachments

• Photo Feb 14, 4 50 48 PM.png
    Photo Feb 14, 4 50 48 PM.png
    824 KB · Views: 207
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.