Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spencerdl

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2015
Georgia
2a9e8fef9d7209a0c641de4a1c30ffb2.jpg

b85d756ff65e38bdab99c4019ed01c6c.jpg

acea852a05ebf1c13bee87df2441a6d4.jpg

dsr2

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2013
This is my lock screen. I am a Sherlock Holmes fanatic. The photo was taken from the London Eye while on a vacation.
image.jpeg
(Sorry this is my 6+, not 6S+)

Reactions: eyoungren

geta

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2010
The Moon
Care to elaborate? Why do you find it "funny in a sad way"? I'm genuinely curious.

Imagine this -

Sunday morning the church full of people, the pastor reading something boring, while all the people instead of holding their books, holding their iPhones\smartphones… when he asking them what happen to the book, they show him the app, but instead of reading from it they checking mails, playing games, watching sunday games…

Or maybe the smartphones become the new religion for many people coz they can’t take their hands, eyes and brain out of the screens (must be connected 24\7…), so the magus that running the show had to adjust…

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Imagine this -

Sunday morning the church full of people, the pastor reading something boring, while all the people instead of holding their books, holding their iPhones\smartphones… when he asking them what happen to the book, they show him the app, but instead of reading from it they checking mails, playing games, watching sunday games…

Or maybe the smartphones become the new religion for many people coz they can’t take their hands, eyes and brain out of the screens (must be connected 24\7…), so the magus that running the show had to adjust…

Interesting "take". I see folks following along with the Scripture reading, even looking up facts like those Biblical locations on today's map, and doing quick research related to the sermon, and taking notes every week. Our pastor has no issue with it, and even encourages the congregation to tweet and post thoughts to Facebook.

Not funny. Not sad. Effective.

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Our congregation is connected. Small church but the pastor and media team use technology effectively. The pastor teaches using notes from an iPad and every service tells us that if we don't have a Bible we can download one to our phones.

Despite everyone being highly connected no one is using their phones during service except to follow along with the pastor.

Speechless

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2015
Non-gentrified Brooklyn.
Imagine this -

..Or maybe some people just want to read the Bible on a device that makes it easier to highlight, note, share, study together, and remind you of devotionals/study plans.

Oh, and I have never had an issue with focusing in church..nor have I seen people playing games/exc. in the middle of service. xD

Reactions: Will22
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.