Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slap Dash

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Perth, Australia
Few More

Attachments

• 9058121.jpg
    9058121.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 210
  • 1197981130.jpg
    1197981130.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 264
  • 3371627169413f2f8bd9.jpg
    3371627169413f2f8bd9.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 317
  • jwarrenkeeley3.jpg
    jwarrenkeeley3.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 281
  • sexygirl2iphonewallpape.jpg
    sexygirl2iphonewallpape.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 235

capecod565

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2009
Cape Cod
This is a family computer, so I am unsubscribing now.

This is a family computer and I do NOT want my grandkids to view this stuff.
I have unsubscribed.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
The one on the right looks Western to me.... and Japanese chicks are charming, till you marry them, I should know being married to a Japanese and living in Japan.

haha

Yeah I thought my Thai girlfriend was charming at first too.

spaceboots06

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2009
The Rotten Apple
This thread is disgusting. Every page and post is littered with consumer bullcrap. Why must everyone be so proud to flaunt wallpapers of the latest video game or product? Does it really make you value your phone any more having one of those wallpapers than having a normal one? Do you enjoy lifelessly looking at a wallpaper of something as dull and unfulfilling like Crysis or Call of Duty?

You all should put real art on your phones.

JustinSaneV2

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2010
This thread is disgusting. Every page and post is littered with consumer bullcrap. Why must everyone be so proud to flaunt wallpapers of the latest video game or product? Does it really make you value your phone any more having one of those wallpapers than having a normal one? Do you enjoy lifelessly looking at a wallpaper of something as dull and unfulfilling like Crysis or Call of Duty?

Says the guy with an image of Pikachu as his avatar.
icon_rolleyes.gif

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
is that Houston and NYY at new Yankee Stadium?

Yeah. Went to NYS for the first time back in June when they played Houston. Had pretty good seats too( thanks to stubhub). It's different from the old Yankee Stadium( went there for the first time back in 2008 in its final season. Damn greedy Steinbrenner), but I like it.

Gokunama

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008

Don't really care what others have as wallpapers, so long as it's not disturbing stuff. I prefer simple home screen wallpaper like fusion orange and purple, and stuff like Calvin and Hobbes or Tabasco. But I'm curious now that you've snubbed everyone else's wallpapers as cheap, shallow, or something, what an example of real art is to you, cause I ain't putting no Monet on my iPhone.

spaceboots06

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2009
The Rotten Apple
Don't really care what others have as wallpapers, so long as it's not disturbing stuff. I prefer simple home screen wallpaper like fusion orange and purple, and stuff like Calvin and Hobbes or Tabasco. But I'm curious now that you've snubbed everyone else's wallpapers as cheap, shallow, or something, what an example of real art is to you, cause I ain't putting no Monet on my iPhone.

louis-wain2.jpg

Louis Wain

wain_cat-later-stages.jpg

Louis Wain

da-vinci-last-supper.jpg

Da Vinci

408px-Da_Vinci_Studies_of_Embryos_Luc_Viatour.jpg

Da Vinci

Georges_Seurat_-_Un_dimanche_après-midi_à_l%27Île_de_la_Grande_Jatte.jpg

Georges Seurat

M432San-Giorgio-Maggiore-by-Twiligh.jpg

Claude Monet

Claude_Monet.jpg

Claude Monet

huge-lighthouse-wave.jpg

Okay, honestly have no idea who this is but I have the full size image in my home and it always grabs my attention.

And anything titled After The Hunt
http://www.google.com/images?client...&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1144&bih=665

There are many more. And this art does not expire after a few months as does modern day slop people blindly call art.

Eso

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2008

Art is art and wallpapers are wallpapers. They each have their place, IMO.

All the art you posted is so cliche, by the way - guaranteed on the first page of Google image search results. Please stop trying come across as if you were cultured and thus better than everyone else.

spaceboots06

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2009
The Rotten Apple
Art is art and wallpapers are wallpapers. They each have their place, IMO.

All the art you posted is so cliche, by the way - guaranteed on the first page of Google image search results. Please stop trying come across as if you were cultured and thus better than everyone else.

There you go fitting into the typical "if it's first page, it's popular" say-so. Look at what your wallpaper is before telling me that what I would choose for my wallpaper is cliche or overused. My media is ageless and everlasting, your stuff gone in the blink of an eye.

And, everything is first page of Google images search results if you search correctly. Typing in Call of Duty Modern Warfare II will yield pictures of that--- on the first page. Shocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.