Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ag3nt47

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
Missouri
Since we have a post your headphones, mac setup, TV setup, dock, etc, I figured it would be nice to have a post your keyboard setup too. Anyone use anything other than a factory Mac keyboard? Mine is still a factory keyboard, but its NINJA! I use this at work, although my work computer is unfortunately not a Mac. :(

I painted the keys with white paint from a hobby shop so that the letters and numbers can't be seen. It's been the best way to keep coworkers from messing around on my keyboard. :)

Keyboard.jpg

ag3nt47

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
Missouri
why do you need to keep people from messing around on your keyboard?

Painting it wasn't really a deterrent from other people using it, I just thought it would look cool, although I happen to work with a group of pranksters who like to "Hoff" people's wallpapers if they leave their computers unlocked. (Hoff-to change one's wallpaper to a picture of David Hasselhoff) I don't particularly fall into this category because I always lock my computer anytime I'm away from it, but I thought it would be a good idea anyway. IDK- just one of those "This sounds like a cool idea that might actually work" type things.

kamuix

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2011
california
Since we have a post your headphones, mac setup, TV setup, dock, etc, I figured it would be nice to have a post your keyboard setup too. Anyone use anything other than a factory Mac keyboard? Mine is still a factory keyboard, but its NINJA! I use this at work, although my work computer is unfortunately not a Mac. :(

I painted the keys with white paint from a hobby shop so that the letters and numbers can't be seen. It's been the best way to keep coworkers from messing around on my keyboard. :)

Heh, I like that. Reminds me of a das keyboard where all the keys were black and it was mechanical. My old roommate wanted one of those.

Rolling with the black widow ultimate :D

img1453rf.jpg

fhall1

macrumors 68040
Dec 18, 2007
(Central) NY State of mind
how you liking this keyboard so far? was thinking of getting one.

So far (and I got in on a pre-order - so I've had it a while) it's great. My office is not terribly well lit and I have it on a keyboard drawer under the desktop when I'm not using it, and I've never had an issue with low battery power. All the keys work as they're supposed to and the unifying USB receiver also pairs with my Performance MX mouse, so I freed up one USB port.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.