Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pagansoul

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2006
Earth
New desk from Ikea.

Attachments

• ikea desk.jpg
    ikea desk.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 102

MicBook

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2007
Mooresville, NC
Well I've got my first relatively major 'sound gig' coming up this saturday, and I've gotta get a double bass up to decent volumes outdoors. I'm hoping to get a bit of income from live sound on top of the studio stuff I'm doing already. I've got a (very) nice mixing desk in for service at the moment, a vintage Yamaha MR1242 which is going to be great for live use...

congrats on the nice start I am glad to see I am not the only MR member who choses the pro audio as a career path

you have a nice starter setup I would however recommend adding another sub to "even things out" but other than that you should bee good to go make sure you have enough speaker coverage for whatever room you are in

Another thing is when you start bringing in some cash you ay want to look at a used digital board such as a Yamaha O2R or a DM1000 scene recall is the best thing since sliced bread

feel free to PM me if you want to

nidserz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2008
Dubai x Toronto
i couldn't hack the mighty mouse anymore... had it for a week and just cant get the hang of it so i picked up one of these:

logitechv470.jpg

so far i'm very happy with it and like the fact that it matches so well with my aluminum keyboard :)

(oh, and i didn't take that picture...google images but its nice :))

mattcube64

macrumors 65816
May 21, 2006
Missouri
2572533388_fffa63105a_o.jpg

:) :) :)

I got the LE Metal Gear Solid 4, the Gamestop-exclusive art book, and the limited edition guide. Just picked up the game at midnight, and have put a little over an hour into it. It's an absolutely incredible game!

A shot of the install screen:
2571710467_cd7cd62f17_o.jpg

And, finally, the series is complete!!!!
2572533328_9db0a33c16_o.jpg

bbbensen

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
gallery-big-07.jpg

Just ordered it yesterday!

My iBook died....

It also came with a free iPod Touch! Thank God my moms a teacher.

ipodtouch_narrowweb__300x504,2.jpg

Killyp

macrumors 68040
Jun 14, 2006
So my dB Technologies Sub 12 arrived :D

sub121pf6.jpg
sub122on3.jpg

8/10 impressed so far. Well controlled, dynamic, musical and capable of playing impressively loud for such a compact sub (compact in comparison to other sound-reinforcement subs). Doesn't extend ridiculously deep (to the tone of around 45 Hz, 40 Hz is debatable) and there's bit of a sharp peak at around 100 Hz which may need taming in really boomy rooms. However, it is very light, easy to carry, quick to set up, has two slots for sticking a speaker on top, or due to the way it's designed, you can stack the subwoofers themselves and they don't slide around. The built in crossover does a very good job too, and my Yamahas can sing much better now, and to much much higher volumes (I was measuring upwards of 133 dB from the complete system in the studio yesterday).

Now thinking about getting one of these to help tame the 100 Hz peak and generally help with bad acoustic situations:

231.jpg

DBX 231 31-band dual-channel (stereo) EQ.

BillyBobBongo

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2007
On The Interweb Thingy!
DotMac-box.jpg

Was in my local store today to put my MacBook in to be repaired (the surface is cracking due to the magnets in the lid) and I decided to ask if by any chance they were selling dotmac cheaper than the online price...the answer was yes!

Happy Days! Got it for 79 euros....so I'm all ready for mobileme and not out of pocket!

buyusfear

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2007
I got a Speck case. I've read mixed reviews, but decided in getting one, as they were in stock, and my buddy hooked it up for 30 bucks.

15-seethru-d1.jpg

Wiredrawn

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2008
Heres mine, new Bass Half-Stack!!!

mag300h.jpg

MAG210TDEEP.jpg

Ashdown Mag 300h Amp.
Ashdown Mag 2x10 Tweeter Cabinet.
(Not in proportion - Hah)

£370 worth of true British Amp-age :D

Just ordered, should come Saturday, can't wait!!!

Cancelled
Jan 13, 2007
... finally!

i have *a last purchase* image to post!

earlier this afternoon i picked up a box of samuel adams brew and a putting green. (the pics turned out rancid, so i omitted them)

so i'm down two, working on the third ( nobody's keepin' score ;) ) and i'll be gloving up after i get caught on on my forum reading.

:D

Attachments

• sammy2.jpg
    sammy2.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 71
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.