Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

supaman

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2013
How is it? Would you recommend it? I was thinking of picking one up this spring/summer

Well, to be honest I have barely used ut. I have the LCD touchbac and it works really wrll with it to use like a more traditional camera. I have not tested it out in water byt ut is very comfortable to hold.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
One of my favorite purchases in a long time, hopefully more and more companies start doing this:

Looks like a nice hoodie, but what do you mean by "doing this"?

Is it really heavyweight? I want the Cabelas Guidewear Hoodie, but it's $90. I am looking for one the same under a different name brand maybe cheaper.

So I get home and I have a $20 off $100 coupon for Cabelas. Figured it was a sign:).

eb4233a2e4e49df84587a60e581862e4_zps725cdef9.jpg

MyiBill

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2012
Gotcha, I agree then, made in the Good Ol U S of A:D.

Edit: just went thinking I might order one:). Then I saw the price:(.

Little much for a sweatshirt but i wear them all the time plus it's made in America#

Glad you got the one you wanted to, I've never been to cabelas myself but always wanted to.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Little much for a sweatshirt but i wear them all the time plus it's made in America#

Glad you got the one you wanted to, I've never been to cabelas myself but always wanted to.

Cabelas used to be a once or twice a year trip, something to make a day of. Then they opened one 20 minutes away. It's not as big as the others, but still a pretty nice store.

MyiBill

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2012
Cabelas used to be a once or twice a year trip, something to make a day of. Then they opened one 20 minutes away. It's not as big as the others, but still a pretty nice store.

I think I'm about an hour away from the one in PA. I'll get there one day ha.

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area
You know you're a track junkie when you set up a subscription to have Amazon deliver 12 quarts of oil every 6 months...

I also signed up for what may be our last ever autocross at the Marina airport site. The FAA is not leaning towards allowing this use of the airport next year, despite support from the city of Marina. This is a fun run event.

Finally, I don't recall if I posted it, but I am heading up to Thunderhill (3 mile CCW) with the Audi club next month.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-12-14 at 6.39.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-14 at 6.39.41 PM.png
    255 KB · Views: 120
  • Screen Shot 2014-12-14 at 6.40.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-14 at 6.40.30 PM.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 108
  • Screen Shot 2014-12-14 at 6.43.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-12-14 at 6.43.58 PM.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 127

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
An early drop off from Santa.

View attachment 519745

crazy how Microsoft is giving away the xbox one. Got it when Destiny came out for $400 with Destiny, Madden 15 and a $50 gift card. I beat destiny and it kept having online issues and I complained to the MS store and they told me just pick out a different game. Got FIFA 15 :) thought I had a great deal 2 months later its get 5 games + $30 gift card at walmart and target for $330.

Its not that bad of a system I just don't see that big of a quality increase from Xbox 360 to Xbox One.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
crazy how Microsoft is giving away the xbox one. Got it when Destiny came out for $400 with Destiny, Madden 15 and a $50 gift card. I beat destiny and it kept having online issues and I complained to the MS store and they told me just pick out a different game. Got FIFA 15 :) thought I had a great deal 2 months later its get 5 games + $30 gift card at walmart and target for $330.

Its not that bad of a system I just don't see that big of a quality increase from Xbox 360 to Xbox One.

I gave away my 360, so I figured I would upgrade :)

Big Stevie

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2012
UK
Just purchased a Newgate Time Pill wall clock. I reckon if Apple made wall clocks then they'd look quite similar to this...

scotttnz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Happy Birthday to me!

IMG_0108_zps73b9bbb0.jpg

IMG_0106_zpsc02ba0c1.jpg

Picked up this fully operational G4 cube for a song. I've always wanted one, just because they look so cool, although I'm not sure what I will do with it. I'm tossing up between:
  1. Keeping it as it is, and trying to get a matching monitor. Basically as a collectors item. This option could turn into a marriage threatening hobby...
  2. Modding it with modern hardware, either an Mac Mini, or iTX PC bits
  3. Turning it into and Aquarium. They do look pretty cool, but it seems like a bit of a waste

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Yeah, just a novelty item. I do like odd things from time to time.

Well, so do I.

There are a number of novelty items I am eyeing - all of which are in the deferred expenditure (and deferred gratification) category.

One - and this has been discussed elsewhere - is a La Marzocca GS/3; one (a much more likely purchase) is a Chemex. They are coffee related items, and both would be used if (and when) bought.

One - I spotted over two years ago in a Lufthansa flight magazine and have mulled over ever since - is a Geochron world map & clock……..

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Well, so do I.

There are a number of novelty items I am eyeing - all of which are in the deferred expenditure (and deferred gratification) category.

One - and this has been discussed elsewhere - is a La Marzocca GS/3; one (a much more likely purchase) is a Chemex. They are coffee related items, and both would be used if (and when) bought.

One - I spotted over two years ago in a Lufthansa flight magazine and have mulled over ever since - is a Geochron world map & clock……..

I wouldn't quite classify the GS/3 as a novelty item, unless you're a wealthy Saudi oil tycoon! :p

The light-up coaster came today and Puma is quite fascinated with how they light up too. He keeps staring, sniffing and pawing at them.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I wouldn't quite classify the GS/3 as a novelty item, unless you're a wealthy Saudi oil tycoon! :p

The light-up coaster came today and Puma is quite fascinated with how they light up too. He keeps staring, sniffing and pawing at them.

What triggers how they light up? Is it timed, or random, or to do with a sensor? I can well imagine how he must be fascinated by them.

On feline related topics, Garfield was handed back to me this evening, resplendent and gleaming. You will, no doubt, be delighted to learn that he is now restored to his throne, and is sitting on top of the sofa in my study, fur gloriously orange, and t-shirt a spotless white, master of all he surveys. For a cat in his twenties, he looks great!

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
What triggers how they light up? Is it timed, or random, or to do with a sensor? I can well imagine how he must be fascinated by them.

On feline related topics, Garfield was handed back to me this evening, resplendent and gleaming. You will, no doubt, be delighted to learn that he is now restored to his throne, and is sitting on top of the sofa in my study, fur gloriously orange, and t-shirt a spotless white, master of all he surveys. For a cat in his twenties, he looks great!

When you push down on it, or set a glass, cup, or mug, on it, it lights up.

Glad to hear Garfield has been restored to the throne of his kingdom!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.