Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Perrumpo

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2008
Add this to the list.

Since I ordered the 5K iMac to be my workhorse, I'm replacing my 17" MBP with something significantly lighter.

13" MacBook Air 128GB
1.7 GHz
8GB RAM

2712009_sa.jpg

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Add this to the list.

Since I ordered the 5K iMac to be my workhorse, I'm replacing my 17" MBP with something significantly lighter.

13" MacBook Air 128GB
1.7 GHz
8GB RAM

I'm looking to do something similar. But think I will hold onto my rMBP for the moment.

Perrumpo

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2008
I should say its lighter. Probably by half! Enjoy your new purchase.

Thank you!

Yeah, it'll be a big difference in size and weight. I paid for faster shipping so that it'd get here safely before my trip to the opposite coast in the States. Should be much nicer to travel with.

Reactions: kinghitech

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Herschel 'Retreat' backpack for law school.

Since my 15" rMBP is pretty much the only thing I need to carry anymore as well as the odd handout for school (digital textbooks ftw) this is perfect. The laptop compartment is lined and holds it in place close against your back so it feels really balanced. There is a bigger opening for whatever else I need to carry. The straps are also padded so overall a very comfortable bag.

...and AWW YISS, motha ****ing Sunset Overdrive Xbox One bundle :cool:

Attachments

• 31 Oct.jpg
    31 Oct.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,645

Illuminated

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2008
Denver
awesome! Ive wanted to do it for a long time but I'm too scared. My vision isn't terrible but it would be nice to not have to wear glasses all the time.

Do it! It's totally worth it. A day after the surgery and everything is so much clearer. I keep forgetting i don't have contacts or glasses! It's great! My recovery will take 7 days initially, and then fully recovered in 2-3 months, but the doctor believes it will be much faster for me since i'm already at 75% healed.

jetjaguar

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2009
somewhere
Do it! It's totally worth it. A day after the surgery and everything is so much clearer. I keep forgetting i don't have contacts or glasses! It's great! My recovery will take 7 days initially, and then fully recovered in 2-3 months, but the doctor believes it will be much faster for me since i'm already at 75% healed.

how was the actual procedure though ? I keep hearing its rough .. meaning anxiety wise. I can't even put contacts in lol.

Illuminated

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2008
Denver
how was the actual procedure though ? I keep hearing its rough .. meaning anxiety wise. I can't even put contacts in lol.

For me, I don't do surgical procedures well. With saying that, I was very anxious all throughout. The procedure put a lot of pressure on the eyeballs, and as such, left my left eye bruised with a couple big red splotches on the white of the eye. You can smell the laser burning the eye, which is a trip! Message me if you have anymore questions. I'm on the first full day after surgery and the improvement is by far amazing. Can't wait till it's fully healed!

jypfoto

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2014
Getting my LG 34UMmonitor on Monday, decided that I may need better sounds, so ordered this. I don't need blaring sound just enough to playback some tv shows and some light music.

Product_SB_Roar_See_Through.jpg

Not too expensive and like the fact that it's bluetooth and fairly portable. So I can carry it with me when I stay at hotels and play music for my daugther.

Also looking for a smaller camera to carry around with me instead of my Nikon D810 on short trips. Everything about it seems great for me (EVF, manual controls such as SS, aperture ring, records 4k, has a 24-75 f/1.7-f2.8 equivalent lens). The only two nitpicks that I have are that it's not a touch screen and doesn't have a tilt screen. But everything else about it seems like it'll

Panasonic_LX100_16x9-578-80.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.