Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
I’m done with Christmas shopping for me. Bought also a Serie 3 for the gf.
We have been playing all day with our gadgets. ?

3BDD4597-A71C-492A-ACDF-88A3BE99EB9C.jpeg

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
I have been trying to get to concerts of some of who I consider very influential music artists throughout my childhood, someone that got me through some rough times, changed my mind on subjects, just people who made an impact on me in some way with their music. All that being said.

Probably the first and last chance I will get to see Sir Elton Live.

Absolutely stoked for mid next year.

Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 10.46.47 PM.png

Reactions: shinji

Eggtastic

macrumors 65816
Jun 9, 2009
NJ
LG 65 OLED C9
Sonos PlayBar
Sonos Subwoofer!

Alright you have my attention. I am close to going with an LG B9 65. I will be upgrading from a 2012 TV. How is it? Hows the sonos combo because to pair my LG I was going to go with the LG SYL8g sound bar / subwoofer combo.

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
Alright you have my attention. I am close to going with an LG B9 65. I will be upgrading from a 2012 TV. How is it? Hows the sonos combo because to pair my LG I was going to go with the LG SYL8g sound bar / subwoofer combo.

i have 55 oledb7 which i bought in 2017. When i moved into my new home i knew i had to get a new TV for living room. First i bought Samsung Q70 75 and it sucked. Colors, Picture, Quality of content, Lack of Dolby Vision all of these forced to go down in size and get Oled so hence i returned Samsuck and got LG Oled C9 65. I am very satisfied with it. Sonos is paired up well with it and i really like the sound. I am planning to add Sonos Play1 or SL later to make it a 5.1 system.

And also the reason i chose Sonos was the wireless connectivity! i dont want to deal with the wires.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eggtastic

enemy14123

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2013
Vienna
Bought this for my upcoming MacBook Pro 16 :)
A waterfield sleeve.
The shipping costs are very high but its worth :)

Attachments

• 90414372-CC2C-4D5D-BE5D-8B13CF77F505.jpeg
    90414372-CC2C-4D5D-BE5D-8B13CF77F505.jpeg
    504 KB · Views: 149
Reactions: Gutwrench

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
View attachment 880153
“Rescued” by Pamela Patrick White
28” x 48” oil on canvas original

The white horse in the center was rescued from abuse and neglect, and stands flanked by two new companions.

My SO and I met the artist at a show last weekend, and saw this. I have three of her prints of colonial era members of the Delaware People (or Leno Lenape tribe), which she is more known for.

I’m not normally keen on horse pictures or paintings, but this one grabbed me. We spent a week thinking hard about buying it, went back to the gallery to look at it again today, and wound up taking it home.

I'm delighted that you bought it - and long may you treasure it.

Reactions: Matz

Stephen.R

Suspended
Nov 2, 2018
Thailand
They probably equal out to 2 normal burgers.
I went searching to find some visual comparison to a real hamburger. Apparently none exists, anywhere. I did find a "recipe" for "home made" White Castle which included amongst other things, a can of Campbells soup, and baking the "patties".

I don't want to say I threw up in my mouth reading it, but I also don't want to lie to you and say I didn't throw up in my mouth reading it.

Matz

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2015
Rural Southern Virginia
My car battery died Saturday, briefly stranding us in a parking lot an hour from home. Called my insurance company, and help arrived in the form of a pleasant young man driving a Mazda sedan. He had a ‘jumper box’ and, in a matter of minutes, had us on the road again.

So I bought a new battery for the car yesterday, and ordered two of these shortly thereafter:
1575977358271.jpeg

One for me, one for my SO.

The.316

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
Did a bit of shopping the last couple of weeks:

-Adobe Photoshop black Friday special 12€/month for Photoshop, Lightroom, and Photoshop for the iPad. Never used it for the iPad so Im kinda excited.

Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 14.08.48.png

Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 14.09.05.png

The iPhones are for my mom and her sister. My mom just had her purse stolen, and she had her 8 inside of it, so I got her an XR.

The iPad is for me. Im coming from an original iPad Air, so I think I might see a bit of difference, no? ;)
I figured Ill go all out, so I sold my Macbook from 2009, along with the iPad Air, and went with the Pencil, the Logitech case/keyboard combo, and I ordered a few other accessories elsewhere.

71NMAIL5AHL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Got this case for the iPad Pro as well. If anyone has it, how do you like it so far?

Screenshot 2019-12-10 at 14.13.08.png

And now to the grand finally, which everything can shake their heads at. I have a couple of these cameras now here where I live in Greece, and I love them. So I ordered another one. It took about three weeks to arrive, which is normal for transit to Greece, but here is the kicker....the camera cost me 34€ with the shipping, and the F*****G customs here in Greece charges me 24€. How the F**K does anyone have the balls to charge someone 70% of an items price? My friend got something the other day, that was almost 200€, and he had to pay 35€ for customs. Im going to call the customs office in Athens, and bitch at them, but dont expect anything to come out of it. They will come up with some lame ass excuse. A good majority of the people that work at these offices really are dumb as rocks. You want to see whats at the root of the problems of this country, just look at the people who are making the decisions. OK, rant over lol.

Reactions: kazmac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.