Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soulreaver99

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2010
Southern California
I just picked up the OneXPlayer yesterday and it’s pretty impressive. Couldn’t wait for the steam deck. Able to play Tales of Arise, Atelier Ryza and Shadow of Tombraider no problem. Have to of course adjust the graphics settings but able to get 45+ FPS and games so far are very playable.

Trackpad on the keyboard is garbage but if you connect to an external mouse or use the touchscreen, it’s fine. Connect it to a large display and you get a desktop experience device.

Going to try the switch emulator Yuzu this weekend as well as other games but so far I’m pretty happy with it! Still interested in how the steam deck will compare though.

PaJph3B.jpg

uYzGUzb.jpg

82bvDtt.jpg

Reactions: mlovergaard

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Thank you. You are in best position with early copies. Those are gold. I am hardly convinced with quality of new press though. I am just biting my tongue with this purchase as this will set another step forward on my very compact collection. I am on steaming Qobuz behaviour mostly but Nirvana is a must as I also went through my teenage years similar to you. I guess I am a year younger than you.

My brother gave me the copy of Nevermind which I believe has a track missing compared to the later copies? I was too young to be into them pre 1994 but my much older brother saw them live 3 or 4 times when they toured the UK, lucky swine. I’m sure you were like me with the Nirvana smiley T-shirt, the bleached streaked long hair and a black fender strat back in the day lol. I’ve done my best to get rid of pics of myself during the late 90’s for fear of my kids seeing them .

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
I thought of getting one, but mine is always decked
yeah def not worth an upgrade from the previous switch unless they went 4K docked. I only had a lite prior and that itch to play docked was driving me crazy so it was just good timing for me to grab this one.

plus, that white and black looks very nice lol

diggy33

macrumors 65816
Aug 13, 2011
Northern Virginia
CalDigit Soho USB-C hub, and a Rain Design mTower Vertical stand for my 13-inch M1. Still playing around with the desk setup and have to do some cable cleanup, but overall, I really like the stand.

37BCBC65-DBDB-4B38-BC1B-AB4316EB053E.jpeg

Attachments

• 37BCBC65-DBDB-4B38-BC1B-AB4316EB053E.jpeg
    37BCBC65-DBDB-4B38-BC1B-AB4316EB053E.jpeg
    483.9 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: AVBeatMan

mlovergaard

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2011
New York City
I just picked up the OneXPlayer yesterday and it’s pretty impressive. Couldn’t wait for the steam deck. Able to play Tales of Arise, Atelier Ryza and Shadow of Tombraider no problem. Have to of course adjust the graphics settings but able to get 45+ FPS and games so far are very playable.

Trackpad on the keyboard is garbage but if you connect to an external mouse or use the touchscreen, it’s fine. Connect it to a large display and you get a desktop experience device.

Going to try the switch emulator Yuzu this weekend as well as other games but so far I’m pretty happy with it! Still interested in how the steam deck will compare though.

PaJph3B.jpg

uYzGUzb.jpg

82bvDtt.jpg
Very curious about this one. It’s been in my basket for 2 weeks now. Maybe I should pull the trigger.

rainafterthesun

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
View attachment 1866723 View attachment 1866724
Found some keycaps I liked and also a matching deskmat by Osume. Preorder expected Feb, plenty of time to decide on the rest of the keyboard, will either be a 65/67/75 size.
So nice color scheme wise (and the picture of bunnies floating on a boat?)
View attachment 1867892

Ordered myself a MoonPod
Was very tempted for this but wasn’t sure about how it really “feels”. How do you like it so far?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.