Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dingster101

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2015
Carpal tunnel surgery.

c00fb7adbbbf624ac2550b4ba982363a.jpg

Oh the joy. Had both of mine done.

Reactions: Vonnegut5

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
Let us know how it turns out. Good deal!
Turned out to be scam. When it was supposedly shipped, the tracking number didn't exist. After a few weeks, I started reading new feedback on the seller saying that they got fake tracking numbers. The seller didn't have a feedback when I purchased it. Now 100% negative feedback. Amazon approved my refund... and I mentioned on my original post that I would rather get the 2i2 gen3... but the price was ridiculously low for the Solo.

I storied the scam on IG. Someone who sells band equipment to schools, seen my story, and he DM'd me saying he could get the 2i2 gen3 at his cost... which is the same amount discounted by the scam seller (-$40). So now I'm getting Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 gen3.

61d27qcYtvL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Not my latest purchase but a semi interesting latest purchase that has finally arrived. Never thought I’d be in love with a case but I am. The hype is real…

Waterfield AirPods max case in chocolate leather waxed canvas

9293e0bd51f74264c02e57672756e6a9.jpg

Whack photo doesn’t do it justice..

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Sadly not, for growing tomatoes.

Propagator arrived today..

View attachment 1944127
I think we may need to start a “Show off your Greenhouse” thread. I know I’d be fascinated to see it! Grew tomatoes and peppers for the first time this past year and learned a lot. I’d love to build my own green house to help control the serious pest problems of the humid Southern climate.

PKIDelirium

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2020
Poor lighting because of being so close to a lamp, but this is actually my last TWO purchases:
A879588F-915B-4ECD-9DD4-C2ECCC10BA0B.jpg

I got a Fintie Case folio for my iPad Air 2, a bonus feature on it is an elastic stylus loop. I put my Wacom Bamboo stylus there, and then discovered that Fisher makes some of their iconic Astronaut Pens with a stylus tip on the cap, so I bought that to replace the Wacom.

Fintie Case was less than $20 on Amazon due to being the "older model" for 9.7 screens, leather exterior and microfiber lining. Really nice quality item: https://www.amazon.com/Fintie-Case-iPad-2018-2017/dp/B06XSFVQJZ/

I kept it simple with the pen, opting for the 775/S-BLACK – Cap-O-Matic with Stylus with Black Barrel for $20.They have multiple color options for the 775 line, and also more expensive, all-metal bullet style pens with a stylus tip as well.

Attachments

• A879588F-915B-4ECD-9DD4-C2ECCC10BA0B.jpg
    A879588F-915B-4ECD-9DD4-C2ECCC10BA0B.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: tekmoe and jazz1

scubachap

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2016
UK
I think we may need to start a “Show off your Greenhouse” thread. I know I’d be fascinated to see it! Grew tomatoes and peppers for the first time this past year and learned a lot. I’d love to build my own green house to help control the serious pest problems of the humid Southern climate.
Yes, please do, it would be interesting - it always makes me laugh when you guys in the Southern US post pics of the your gardens and plant borders as it always looks like the exotic house plant section in our UK garden centres...

Big Stevie

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2012
UK

Yes, please do, it would be interesting - it always makes me laugh when you guys in the Southern US post pics of the your gardens and plant borders as it always looks like the exotic house plant section in our UK garden centres...

Good idea, I might start one. Which would be the best section to post it - Community Discussion or Picture Gallery?

Edit - I've started a garden & greenhouse thread in the Picture Gallery section

Last edited:

kamikazeeMC

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2017
Perth, Western Australia
Any recs on a good starter mechanical keyboard?
Pretty big rabbit hole to fall into, this is only my first full custom one, only having a few different ones off the shelf.

Look at something with hot swapable switches Royal Kludge, Glorious, so you don't need to buy a whole new board and over time see what you like and don't. After you can try different key layouts and so on.

I've only used Cherry MX black, red, clear, brown and blue, Gateron black and Razer red optical switches. For me, I like heavier switches with a stronger actuation force. Lots of characteristics to each switch, you get a feel for as you try more. Good thing they're the cheap part of the build.

Prorege1

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2020
An old fashioned iPhone like communication tool, a thunder mug from the 1700s in heavy bronze only 5 inches tall. It's actually a small signal cannon used on ships to notify their arrival to a port with a big bang or to warn other unknown ships before using the heavier real cannons under deck. My wife now wants to use it as a candlestick holder ... oh well ?

tempImageLMYPrk.png

Attachments

• tempImageLMYPrk.png
    tempImageLMYPrk.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 56

icanhazmac

Contributor
Apr 11, 2018
An old fashioned iPhone like communication tool, a thunder mug from the 1700s in heavy bronze only 5 inches tall. It's actually a small signal cannon used on ships to notify their arrival to a port with a big bang or to warn other unknown ships before using the heavier real cannons under deck. My wife now wants to use it as a candlestick holder ... oh well ?

View attachment 1949812
Better a candlestick vs a vase!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.