Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
I agree that they totally FUBARed the Spotlight windows. It was soo usable in Tiger i could easily jump to categories and find what i wanted but in Leopard its just a big unorganised Finder window of search results. I have no clue what the hell they were thinking.

Front Row is also a step back for all the reasons mentioned in the thread.

Finder still struggles with networking

The 3D Dock is ugly

I still think they could've eased off a little on the Greyness of UI elements. Its too dark IMO

Stacks was abysmal but thank God they mitigated that

Drivers for GPUs seem to really suck. Since even the most powerful graphics cards seem to be struggling with animations

Its a good OS, its faster, more powerful but they simply should've have left somethings as they were rather than changing them for changing sake

Maybe a lot of others like the changes, your opinion alone doesn't mean that Apple jacked up Leopard. Although I do agree with you about Spotlight.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
Maybe a lot of others like the changes, your opinion alone doesn't mean that Apple jacked up Leopard. Although I do agree with you about Spotlight.

Spotlight = Crap now
Finder is okay but, CoverFlow view is useless
3D Dock sucks... it's turned off now
I love the no-more-brushed-metal look
I hated folder icons at first but I like them now
Spotlight is crap (view only by LAST OPENED date??? WHAT? WHY?)
And lastly... spotlight... it's crap

Teddy's

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2006
Toronto
Well, by comparison Spotlight is still way better than the Vista windoze search. I like Spotlight's calculator ability - Very handy.

My *only* complain after months of using Leopard is the "searched items" in the Finder. It leaves no room for privacy e.g. searched pron. And it is kinda difficult to disable it if not, impossible.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
Er, and also by 'Name' and 'Kind', although I agree there should be more options.

Okay but, let's say I'm searching for a file where a lot of the other files have the same name... then I start viewing by date so that I know I am using the newest file. How do I sort by newest date if I can only see last opened? Once I open the file to check it, the date changes to today... how useful is that?

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Under Leopard, down-arrow in Textedit sometimes gets stuck when the insertion point is at the end of a line. I can't pinpoint when it happens and when it doesn't, but I like to hold down-arrow to scroll down a file while I skim it, and this is no longer a reliable shortcut.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Safari has a bug that I think showed up first when Leopard was released. In the bookmarks window, selecting a bookmark and pressing enter no longer lets you edit the bookmark. It worked under Tiger, and it was an appropriate behavior since it matched how you can rename a file in the Finder.

Instead of pressing enter, you have to press enter and then tab. (As before, you can also pick a context menu choice.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.