Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
IMG_1070.jpg
IMG_1073.jpg

Apple Cinema Display 23" Late 2005 hooked up to a 2010 13" MBA. Loving this setup! + Apple BT Keyboard and Magic Mouse

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2012
United States
My desk as it is right now, have to move out in a month into a way smaller room so no more double desk:(
btw 27 inch mid 2011 iMac
the samsung monitor and the other mouse and kb are used for my windows laptop.
pic taken with iPhone 4, which is always in either the dock or the wallet case.
unseen: 1tb wd my book hard drive.
Sorry for iPhone 4 quality.
2po6q13.jpg

Wait, you use the Magic Mouse for your PC Laptop? Do tell how it works, please. I've considered getting a Magic Mouse for my desktop PC but wasn't sure if the scrolling would work or not.

BBman

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2012
Repost in proper thread.

Mac Mini 2011 2.5 AMD 6630m
ACD 27"
4TB External Western Digital drives.

Attachments

• DSCN0115.jpg
    DSCN0115.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,024

thenci

macrumors newbie
Wait, you use the Magic Mouse for your PC Laptop? Do tell how it works, please. I've considered getting a Magic Mouse for my desktop PC but wasn't sure if the scrolling would work or not.

Well the mouse should connect just like a regular mouse, but for the scrolling you need an extra drive, i believe it's called intellipoint drive. but yeah it works!
Here's the link! http://uneasysilence.com/2009/11/get-apples-multitouch-magic-mouse-to-play-nice-on-windows/
this isn't the one i used because that one was on megaupload, but this should do just fine

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
Can you work at all during the day with that much light? I keep my iMac in the corner of my bedroom with the shades down and it still becomes a mirror during the daylight.

Yes, my screen doesn't have that really bad mirror effect like you get with the iMacs as you can see from the photos it bearly gets any glare straight on and I like having so much light in my room.

MyNameIsMac

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2010
My Setup!

09 macbook pro
ipad 2 32gb
iPod touch 4g 8gb
iphone 3gs w/ otterbox 8gb
wd 1.5 tb hard drive

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 310
  • Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 270

puke

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2007
Sweden
110hx6r.jpg

I just received my rMBP 2.3/16/256 with 27" thunderbolt display. Too small desk, but i've got plans to get a new one in august when the white desk I want is available again. :)

Sorry for bad picture, iPhone 4...

iamdavekennedy

macrumors regular
May 14, 2012
London / Belfast
this the glare you're talking about? i think it all depends on the angle where u put your imac and where the source of light is.
the glare does look bad. :p

No, you said that your screen doesn't have the mirror effect, which suggested it's different from all the other glass fronted displays somehow.. a little misleading!

And as for position, you're right by a ruddy window! If I was there I'd spent more time looking at myself than my work.

lifeinhd

macrumors 65816
Mar 26, 2008
I was quite confused as to why I stopped getting "Post Your Setup Thread Update" emails these past couple days. Aye.

To the OP: the only reason long threads like this get broken up into multiple parts is because vBulletin has trouble with threads over 2k posts. If a thread isn't over 2k posts, no need for another part. Just for future reference.

Pock

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2012
Beds/Cambs, UK
this the glare you're talking about? i think it all depends on the angle where u put your imac and where the source of light is.
the glare does look bad. :p

I really like you're setup, my favourite for a while. I like how well lit the room is and how simply everything has been laid out.

Liquinn

Suspended
Apr 10, 2011
I really like you're setup, my favourite for a while. I like how well lit the room is and how simply everything has been laid out.
I agree. It seems to me that the best setups are with less gadgets as it looks cleaner I guess. XD

oMc

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2010
Finland & France
My modest (student budget) setup. Just added the external 23" monitor to my 2010 13" MBP. Next month, I'm planning to upgrade to 8 Gb RAM and Optibay + 1 TB 2.5" internal HDD, in order to second my internal 120 Gb SSD.

p1000891edit.jpg

Last edited:

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
No, you said that your screen doesn't have the mirror effect, which suggested it's different from all the other glass fronted displays somehow.. a little misleading!
And as for position, you're right by a ruddy window! If I was there I'd spent more time looking at myself than my work.
you should read who's posting as hatersgonnahate said that not me.
Thanks i like it to be as simple as possible.
not my setup just added my .02
Did you just steal my setup? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.