Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joekix

macrumors 6502
cleaned up a bit, and moved some stuff around.

PICT0138.jpg

i love this little table.

PICT0139.jpg

WillJS

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2007
24" iMac, 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD, brand new! :D

DSC00543.jpg

Click for 6MB of 3,048x2,286 goodness. :p

Couple of cables.. as with a glass desk can't hide them to well. Trying to keep it at a minimum. :D (stinks Ikea is 4hrs away from my house :()

drewsof07

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Ohio
24" iMac, 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, 320GB HDD, brand new! :D
Couple of cables.. as with a glass desk can't hide them to well. Trying to keep it at a minimum. :D (stinks Ikea is 4hrs away from my house :()

Yes, all that gear it looks like you need a new workspace. How's the folding tray working out for ya? :p I had one and used it for my MBP for awhile during my remodel. And I feel the pain of Ikea distance. It's about 2.5hr for me, but 4... wow. Better get everything you want in one trip!

That iMac is pretty sweet looking though. I'm hoping to get a mac pro or 24" imac next year :)

WillJS

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2007
Yes, all that gear it looks like you need a new workspace. How's the folding tray working out for ya? :p I had one and used it for my MBP for awhile during my remodel. And I feel the pain of Ikea distance. It's about 2.5hr for me, but 4... wow. Better get everything you want in one trip!

That iMac is pretty sweet looking though. I'm hoping to get a mac pro or 24" imac next year :)

:p I do, I do. iMac is great, aside from the small cluster of stuck pixels in the corner. I can't really notice them.. and the Apple Store is a good 2 hrs away. :( But all in all I love it. :D

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
I don't know what I'd do if I had to look at all those cables dangling!

I don't know how I feel about a desk jockstrap... It seems like all those cables bundled up may look neat, but I worry about EMI. Anyone have any issues with that? Buzzing on speakers, shocks from aluminum casings and such?

drewsof07

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Ohio
I don't know how I feel about a desk jockstrap... It seems like all those cables bundled up may look neat, but I worry about EMI. Anyone have any issues with that? Buzzing on speakers, shocks from aluminum casings and such?

I kept my audio cables bundled separately and away from the power cables to avoid that as much as possible. I haven't had any problems so far with interference. If I do experience a little bit in the future, I think it's worth it, because unorganized cables running all different directions looks terrible to me.
If you notice, I kept the power supply to my MBP underneath the mStand for that purpose, as well as easy access. :)

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
I kept my audio cables bundled separately and away from the power cables to avoid that as much as possible. I haven't had any problems so far with interference. If I do experience a little bit in the future, I think it's worth it, because unorganized cables running all different directions looks terrible to me.
If you notice, I kept the power supply to my MBP underneath the mStand for that purpose, as well as easy access. :)

Clever, yea I'm thinking of getting something like that and wanted to make sure it'd work out well. Actually, I prefer using optical for sound anyways and it's not effected by EMI. So that's a plus. I have notices that with my Macbook Pro, if I use certain things plugged into it I get shocked by the casing... It has to do with EMI through the Cable TV and my EyeTV I think... Not sure though.

drewsof07

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Ohio
Clever, yea I'm thinking of getting something like that and wanted to make sure it'd work out well. Actually, I prefer using optical for sound anyways and it's not effected by EMI. So that's a plus. I have notices that with my Macbook Pro, if I use certain things plugged into it I get shocked by the casing... It has to do with EMI through the Cable TV and my EyeTV I think... Not sure though.

:eek::confused: I've NEVER gotten shocked?? Well not by my MBP anyway. I had an old Tibook that delivered a low volt shock to your wrists if you used the power adapter without grounding plug on a metal surface.
I think the most annoying thing about EMI comes from my cell phone. It's kind of annoying, but I really don't want to pay all the $$ for shielding and make my cables even bulkier.

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
:eek::confused: I've NEVER gotten shocked?? Well not by my MBP anyway. I had an old Tibook that delivered a low volt shock to your wrists if you used the power adapter without grounding plug on a metal surface.
I think the most annoying thing about EMI comes from my cell phone. It's kind of annoying, but I really don't want to pay all the $$ for shielding and make my cables even bulkier.

Yea, if you use PC speakers you're stuck to copper analog, but if you get a stereo for a hometheatre, optical isn't that bad and not bulky at all. PERFECT sound quality too.

The shocking... I'm beginning to think that the house I'm living in, being 100 years old, may have some electric problems...

Bwa

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2007
Boston & San Jose
Old set-ups

I was browsing through some old files and found a few pictures of my old set-ups and threw up a little page. I know I had some great pictures at one point going back to 2000, but before then I didn't have a digital camera, so I doubt I have any pictures of, say, my Quadra 650 or P100. :)

Mostly Mac set-up pictures from 2001-2008

drewsof07

macrumors 68020
Oct 30, 2006
Ohio
Yea, if you use PC speakers you're stuck to copper analog, but if you get a stereo for a hometheatre, optical isn't that bad and not bulky at all. PERFECT sound quality too.

The shocking... I'm beginning to think that the house I'm living in, being 100 years old, may have some electric problems...

You might check your ground rod and wiring. Have you had trouble burning through surge protectors like crazy during storm season? That's a telltale sign of grounding trouble.

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
No my surge protector is fine. When I plug in the cable, I get the light for surge on... I don't think it's too good to have that happening, but everything has worked the past year and a half fine. It's like my cable has extra voltage, probably fault of some poor wiring with an amplifier or something, and then it gets to the EyeTV and gets transfered to the USB ground, and I think the MBP uses it's casing as a ground. So that's what's going on.

SimD

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2008
It is, look at his sig, and I don't see what it would be hooked up to if it were an ACD.

You are very truly right, mate.. My apologies!

Either way, gorgeous! I love the whole glass contour..

Again, my bad.

MacBlackBook22

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2007
Canada
One question, did you ever think, maybe only for a few seconds, that just because YOU don't like it that doesn't mean it's GENERALLY crap?

Totally agree. I have the wireless mighty mouse for all 3 of my apple computers and haven't had a single problem with any of them. And I have tried other mice with the macbooks (before I purchased my first mighty mouse) so I can truthfully say from my point of view that I wouldn't change any of my mighty mouses except if they finally came out with a black or aluminum model as I hate the white colour.
As I tell my computer students there are no Great mice out there you just have to find the one that works best for you and is comfortable to your hand. Don't get bogged down listening to people who are adamant that only one brand is "THE ONE" you get duds in all brands. :)

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I was browsing through some old files and found a few pictures of my old set-ups and threw up a little page. I know I had some great pictures at one point going back to 2000, but before then I didn't have a digital camera, so I doubt I have any pictures of, say, my Quadra 650 or P100. :)

Mostly Mac set-up pictures from 2001-2008

Wow, that is nice. Really cool to see it evolve, I love the first Mac Pro pics (with the bookshelf) and the final remodeled picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.