Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xsphat

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2007
Not really set up pics, but I just got my new Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional 2, and I am proud. I love this thing and recommend them to anyone who can spend too much money on a keyboard.

1429089267_b1d479e983_o.jpg

1429088519_5ec3f236c6_o.jpg

1429965822_14b39eee32_o.jpg

1429963848_252f759c2b_o.jpg

1429091863_c77a8e57a1_o.jpg

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Apr 1, 2005
Not really set up pics, but I just got my new Happy Hacking Keyboard Professional 2, and I am proud. I love this thing and recommend them to anyone who can spend too much money on a keyboard.

Sorry but this maybe a really stupid question, but why is that keyboard so expensive, what is special about it?

Thanks.

xsphat

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2007
Sorry but this maybe a really stupid question, but why is that keyboard so expensive, what is special about it?

Thanks.

It's not a stupid question, it's one I was asking a few months ago.

New, it runs about $280 American with shipping, and everything about it is high quality. The key switches are some of the best in the industry, It works with every OS, has DIP switches that change the function of some of the keys. It has a USB 2.0 hub that is as fast as a direct USB connection to my lappy when transferring large files from my external drive.

Plus, the design of the key layout is great. The Fn key works to make the small layout give full control. You can touch type with out ever having to reach for arrow keys or anything.

Google it if you are interested, there are plenty of reviews and message board posts that can answer all your questions.

yetanotherdave

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2007
Bristol, England
damn those pictures need resizing!:eek:
the keyboard looks like the das keyboard

yetanotherdave

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2007
Bristol, England
This one looks a lot cooler than the Das, in my opinion.

"The Das," funny.

I though the site would scale the pics for me, sorry for being shouty.

Hmm, clearly my literally non existant German needs some work...
oh, and I think, if you edit your comment you can change the IMG tags to TIMG, which should make them smaller for you

arcsbite

Jan 14, 2006
What happened to the MBP? Didn't like it?
after finishing Uni and getting the mac pro, I was only using the mbp for basic stuff and it felt like overkill, plus I really missed my blackbook from last year so I downgraded, which is funny as my mbp was a 2.0 cd and my blackbook is a 2.16 c2d

defsquad

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2006
birmingham, alabama
arcsbite, i really dig your setup. i see you are using an AEBS? do you have those external drives hooked up to it? if so, how well does that work? i've read so many mixed reviews and am thinking of just purchasing a NAS type enclosure to achieve the same results. i do still need a .11n router though, so I don't know what to do. anyway, i'd love to hear about the details of that portion of your setup. everything is so neat and clean.

defsquad

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2006
birmingham, alabama
v-ault:

what keyboard is that, and also what logitech/mouse software do you use for your revolution? i switched to an MS rf wireless mouse because at the time (last year) i couldn't find any software that gave a smooth mouse movement to my logitech revolution mouse.

thanks in advance for the info.

v-ault

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2006
v-ault:

what keyboard is that, and also what logitech/mouse software do you use for your revolution? i switched to an MS rf wireless mouse because at the time (last year) i couldn't find any software that gave a smooth mouse movement to my logitech revolution mouse.

thanks in advance for the info.

The keyboard is the Logitech Dinovo Edge. My revolution was smooth from the start, but I programmed its buttons with Controllermate, which can be found here. I used controllermate to program my keyboard buttons, too. It can also be used to edit the acceleration and tracking speed of the mouse. I use the revolution with the Icemat 2 mouse pad, so it just glides and is very smooth.

lost eden

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2007
UK
New dorm room at St Andrews;

I3010004w.jpg

Windows XP Pro on the right, Macbook (OSX/Vista Business) in the middle, openSuSE 10.2 on the left. Debian fileserver (with APC UPS) & BSD firewall are under the desk, hi-fi to the left, speakers are unfortunately on the floor until I find some stands, laser printer down next to the bed. I've got 2x spare LCDs along with a Dreamcast & a PS2 to hook up somewhere as well.

I3010011w.jpg

Oh yes, & my new £75 trackball :)

I3010010w.jpg

Rest of the photos here.

arcsbite

Jan 14, 2006
arcsbite, i really dig your setup. i see you are using an AEBS? do you have those external drives hooked up to it? if so, how well does that work? i've read so many mixed reviews and am thinking of just purchasing a NAS type enclosure to achieve the same results. i do still need a .11n router though, so I don't know what to do. anyway, i'd love to hear about the details of that portion of your setup. everything is so neat and clean.

I have all 4 externals hooked up to a usb hub and the hub is hooked upto the AEBS, works great, I just connect to them through using the airport disk tool and they mount like my old NAS drive.
they are all formatted in HFS+ but mount and work great via tiger, leopard and XP/Vista

defsquad

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2006
birmingham, alabama
figure i'll post up my latest setup since i was asking questions about other folks' setups:

it's actually changed a bit more since this pic. i'll be switching up the desk layout a bit more modifying the ikea jerker even more. plus i hope to get some more stuff up on the walls now that the floating shelves have been taken down to make room for the added height of the jerker's top shelf.

954767265_61849844d8.jpg

Basically what you see there is my c2d mbp on the left, my gateway 21" lcd in the middle that has switching video for the hd dtv receiver, the mbp, and my work laptop on the right which is a cd hp nc8430. mounted inifinity minuettes under the top shelf which is controlled by an old sony 835 receiver. i have one of the addons for the jerker that is like a cable tray; i've also mounted 2 apc ups' under the desk and wrapped most exposed wires with split wire loom.

it still needs some work; hopefully when i get the AEBS i can place it and the external hd and the modem elsewhere and move the rest of the desk to another area in the room. we'll see though.

SpookTheHamster

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
London
Finally got my room sorted out so I can get a picture. The desk is one of those desks with a drawing board on the underside that spins out. It has an A2 board and it cost nothing!

On desk (from centre clockwise)

Al iMac 20" 2.0
HP 5940 printer
Logitech X540 speakers
MS Bluetooth Intellimouse
Piggy bank
Anglepoise
Icy Box with 320GB Samsung Spinpoint

Off desk

Old-school Pionneer headphones
NoSno pro Freestyle
Ikea drawers

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    643.5 KB · Views: 235

tidytrev

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2007
heres my new setup

heres what im working with, rooms in a bit of a state and in need of some storage solutions :(
will be changing up the old speakers to something like the harmon kardon sticks or some ae aego m

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    245 KB · Views: 165
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    247.2 KB · Views: 136

Benjamindaines

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2005
A religiously oppressed state
Just doing the whole setting up business!

I'll post a beter pic later on.
That looks like it's going to turn out really nice.

Finally got my room sorted out so I can get a picture. The desk is one of those desks with a drawing board on the underside that spins out. It has an A2 board and it cost nothing!

On desk (from centre clockwise)

Al iMac 20" 2.0
HP 5940 printer
Logitech X540 speakers
MS Bluetooth Intellimouse
Piggy bank
Anglepoise
Icy Box with 320GB Samsung Spinpoint

Off desk

Old-school Pionneer headphones
NoSno pro Freestyle
Ikea drawers

How come your iMac is sitting on the desk like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.