Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iAppleQC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2012
Canada,Quebec,Montreal
Hey, this thread is for all those who have added stickers to their mac!

Attachments

• 616708_10152041933640065_1577485013_o.jpg
    616708_10152041933640065_1577485013_o.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 4,496
  • 202443_10152041935140065_2033896618_o.jpg
    202443_10152041935140065_2033896618_o.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 2,025

Wafflausages

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2010
I think his is pretty cool. Stickers are a way of personalizing your mac the way you like :)
777efb587b7511e1a39b1231381b7ba1_7.jpg

my girlfriend has the other part
5d795e18ab6011e1b10e123138105d6b_7.jpg

theuserjohnny

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2012
I don't see why everyone is freaking out over it. It's his computer he can make it personal in anyway he wants. Personally I like putting stickers on also, helps makes it stand out amongst others. While I wouldn't have put that many on I would def put some on. On my first Macbook I have Homer Simpson eating the Apple logo.

I'll eventually put one on here but I want to wait it out and make sure I buy a hardcase for it first.

----------

I think his is pretty cool. Stickers are a way of personalizing your mac the way you like :)

This is is really cool!

Barna Biro

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2011
Zug, Switzerland
I'd rather brand one over at ColorWare ( yes, it costs significantly more ) than start sticking stuff onto it.
Personally, I dislike all of the above photos... they are just down right ugly :)
... but yeah, that's just my personal opinion.

Ricanlegend

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2009
Bronx,Ny

That's pretty cute not to over the top. I also love the snow white eating the apple it looks awesome. to much stickers seem over the top plus you only do that to hide an ugly pc

----------

I'd rather brand one over at ColorWare ( yes, it costs significantly more ) than start sticking stuff onto it.
Personally, I dislike all of the above photos... they are just down right ugly :)
... but yeah, that's just my personal opinion.
They look amazing , but won't it void your warranty ?

Barna Biro

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2011
Zug, Switzerland
They look amazing , but won't it void your warranty ?

Yep, it usually voids it but that's why you have ColorWare warranty.
If anything were to happen, you send it back to ColorWare and they take care of it.

Nothing is perfect... going with ColorWare has its disadvantages. If you don't have the money for them and will have no option to replace the notebook if anything were to happen ( again, mainly lack of funds ) then I personally would suggest buying a normal one and stickers...

On the other hand, if money is not really and issue and you really find branding valuable, then ColorWare currently is one of the best options out there.

Last edited:

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
Yep, it usually voids it but that's why you have ColorWare warranty.
If anything were to happen, you send it back to ColorWare and they take care of it.

Nothing is perfect... going with ColorWare has its disadvantages. If you don't have the money for them and will have no option to replace the notebook if anything were to happen ( again, mainly lack of funds ) then I personally would suggest buying a normal one and stickers...

On the other hand, if money is not really and issue and you really find branding valuable, then ColorWare currently is one of the best options out there.

Does it hurt resale value? I'd assume that you'd have to find a buyer that likes the exact color combo you got.

Barna Biro

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2011
Zug, Switzerland
Does it hurt resale value? I'd assume that you'd have to find a buyer that likes the exact color combo you got.

If resale value is important, you should maybe just forget about ColorWare all together. It's definitely a bad option for people who expect to see at least a part of their money back in a years time ( of course, this depends on the level of branding you apply to the notebook as well... I for one would replace the apple logo with a panel that has my company logo cut out instead and backlit + of course the body / panel / etc. would be painted in company color - I am actually planning on giving this a shot in the near future / just waiting for some news on the the possible 13" rMBP ).

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
No offense OP, but putting stickers on my very expensive MBP is not something I'm up for. I love the look of my laptop and adding stickers just detracts from the looks.

I've seen some very nicely done decals for the back, but mostly, I don't want anything cluttering up the beautiful looks of my MBP.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
No offense OP, but putting stickers on my very expensive MBP is not something I'm up for. I love the look of my laptop and adding stickers just detracts from the looks.

I've seen some very nicely done decals for the back, but mostly, I don't want anything cluttering up the beautiful looks of my MBP.

I've got the Tardis flying into the heart of the (Apple) time vortex.

That's what I mean ;)

NikkiJayne

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2012
England
I really want the Snow White one but they're a bit pricey.

I've never heard of Colorware before and I just googled it but I don't exactly get what it is... why does it void your warranty?

iAppleQC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 16, 2012
Canada,Quebec,Montreal
the snow white and iron man sticker everybody have it. and yes .. this macbook represente my self . im a Dj and everybody pay attention to my mac. and that represent me . by the way its a 2009 macbook pro . its being i while its out of warranty.:rolleyes: what inpire me its DEADMAU5 macbook air. so yeah .... im really like it . to bad theres people dont like it but everybody haves an opinion :) cheers

Attachments

• tumblr_lz0d2pyRMM1qhhn8go1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lz0d2pyRMM1qhhn8go1_500.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 710
  • tumblr_lz0d2pyRMM1qhhn8go2_500.jpg
    tumblr_lz0d2pyRMM1qhhn8go2_500.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 436

thermodynamic

Suspended
May 3, 2009
USA
I've got the Tardis flying into the heart of the (Apple) time vortex....
Yeah, I know...too nerdy for words to describe.

Cool!

Sadly, if I did that everybody would think I liked the new series (RTD/Moffatt), but I really don't... one's too saccharine, maudlin, and mawkish, and the other feels like a superficial retread of Patrick Troughton's era... :( But that might not stop me from doing it anyway... :D

Adidas Addict

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2008
England
the snow white and iron man sticker everybody have it. and yes .. this macbook represente my self . im a Dj and everybody pay attention to my mac. and that represent me . by the way its a 2009 macbook pro . its being i while its out of warranty.:rolleyes: what inpire me its DEADMAU5 macbook air. so yeah .... im really like it . to bad theres people dont like it but everybody haves an opinion :) cheers

Respect is due to you man, your mac looks cool, ignore the starbucks crowd. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.