Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GraniteTheWolf

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 31, 2013
Wisconsin
We all love our Macs, that's a given. So here is a thread to go ahead and show what else you have or use.

What else do you guys have?

I'll start with my 2 Pcs, the first of which is really the more interesting one.
BkZ3c5iCEAARMGpjpg_large_zps811a28ca.jpg

IMG_0354_zpsbf4ed4dc.jpg

IMG_0355_zps7d12521e.jpg

My Alienware Area-51 M7700 (D9T)
3.4ghz Desktop Pentium 4 CPU with hyper-threading, 3gb ram, 500gb Scorpio black sata hdd (i was amazed i could use a sata hdd connector for a newer alienware for this and its raid connector inside) Ati Radeon X800 Pro GPU. This laptop cost around $5000 back in 2005 when it was new! Back when Alienware was not owned by dell, a real Alienware.
Also out of any laptop, this thing has THE BEST internal speakers ive ever heard. Has a 4.1 speaker system in it with a subwoofer that actually makes an audible difference!
It weighs nearly 20 pounds too!

This is a laptop I took a gamble on and bought "non-working" because the seller didnt have a power cord or any hard drives with it.
I ordered a power cord and a sata hdd cable, stuck in a sata hdd I had laying around it actually worked great!

I primarily use this for windows 95/98/XP games. Its wonderful for all the older games.

My other PC is my little Dell Optiplex 760 I use for my HTPC:
IMG_0356_zps0741b6fd.jpg

Small, cheap ($50 on ebay if you hunt right) and has a 2.93ghz Core 2 Duo CPU in it.
I also have a front-end setup on it with a bunch of rom libraries on it for NES,SNES, Sega genesis, and many other full library collections of roms.

Last edited:

jlsm511

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
KMIA
My only non Apple computer, soon to be replaced with a Surface Pro 3.

Attachments

• IMG_0063.jpg
    IMG_0063.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 445

Destroysall

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2012
United States
It's changed since. I now have an Apple Wireless keyboard and am using an old Vizio 22-inch RAZR LED LCD 1080p television set. Too lazy to take new pics; maybe later?

IMG_0225_1.jpg

My current specifications aren't magnificent by any means. It is a custom-built machine that has the following:

AMD Athlon II X3 445 Processor - 3.10 GHz
ASRock M3A770DE AM3 Motherboard
Kingston HyperX DDR3 1333 4Gb RAM
Western Digital Caviar Blue 500Gb
Galaxy GTX 460 768Mb Nvidia Graphics Card
Rosewill Green 630W Power Supply Unit

James Stark

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2014
Indiana
@ranviper,

Sweet setup!

@macalla,

What one is that? Sweet stuff!

Here's mine. Nothing spectacular but it gets the job done. Really looking into getting a Surface Pro 3 for my Windows machine.

Attachments

• setup.jpg
    setup.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 317

macalla

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2014
Gorgeous. Any regrets? love/hate it? Looking at getting a pro 3

Thanks.
No regrets, I love it! I got the Pro 2 because it has the EMR screen which you can use a S-pen on. I use this tablet to take handwritten notes in class, at meetings etc, with OneNote. The Samsung S-pen experience beats the capacitive pen input by a long shot. The touch screen deactivates when it senses the S-Pen near the screen so you can rest your palm on the glass while writing.

Then I take the tablet home, dock it and transcribe my notes with the full desktop set up as seen. Runs the full word/excel/powerpoint suite.

You get the full windows desktop experience and portable tablet in one device.

Centaurr

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2015
Florida
i have a iMac desktop but wanna get a Ghost laptop by MSI, for the same price of a MBP you get a 15.5 inch screen instead of the small 13 inch screen plus a illuminated colored keyboard that u can customize. im sold. hopefully soon.

Attachments

• msi-gs70-stealth-pro-steelseries-keyboard.jpg
    msi-gs70-stealth-pro-steelseries-keyboard.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.