Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zaap

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Samsung Alias II. The dual hinge function is ingenious, and the new e-ink keyboard is phenomenal. The main thing is, it's practical, which I love.

aliasII-01.jpg

aliasII-02.jpg

aliasII-03.jpg

aliasII-04.jpg

PhixionFilms

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2008
Deployed atm
to all tour users, how would u guys compare it to the iphone?

Picked up the tour yesterday and i sold my two iphones today to pay the ETF's and past due bill. Absolutely LOVE the tour. Has an amazing screen, VERY VERY Fast, and has a butt load of system memory. 256mb over the BB Storm which only has 128mb.
The tour actually comes with a leather holster that holds up quite well.

cagilber

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2007
SE C905a

Love this phone...too bad it's been hijacked by AT&T (no interest in debranding). Takes awesome photos and I've always wanted a slider phone.

p1030533.jpg

NewEyesOpen

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2009
West Virginia
My next phone will be able to handle calls, texts/picture messages and that's it. I love my iPhone but I'm in front of a computer most of the day anyway, so I really have no NEED for a smart phone. Super expensive, too. In a couple years I'll be out of school and will be paying my own phone bill. I'll let my soon to be fiance have the smart phone for her teaching job. I won't need it.

Oh, I can't wait to get away from AT&T and go back to Verizon Wireless. I miss their service, a lot.

hypmatize

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2008
SoCal
myTouch 3G aka (HTC Magic) love the phone so far. Especially with the cyanogen rom installed :) and android is awesome too.

step up from my old iPhone 2G

Attachments

• P1010788.JPG
    P1010788.JPG
    302.8 KB · Views: 118

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
myTouch 3G aka (HTC Magic) love the phone so far. Especially with the cyanogen rom installed :) and android is awesome too.

step up from my old iPhone 2G

I want that phone, but I just do not have the money for the "special Google plan."

Internet on my iPhone as is, is $24.99 extra a month, and I heard that with the Android phones, you need a special Android plan through T-Mob, which is the 3G plan at $30 something odd dollars.

hypmatize

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2008
SoCal
I want that phone, but I just do not have the money for the "special Google plan."

Internet on my iPhone as is, is $24.99 extra a month, and I heard that with the Android phones, you need a special Android plan through T-Mob, which is the 3G plan at $30 something odd dollars.

the unlimited internet plan for it is $24.99 and there is a $34.99 plan that includes unlimited internet and texts... I managed to get t-mobile to give me the old g1 data plan which was 24.99 for unlimited internet and 400 texts :D if you want that plan i would call them and ask for it specifically.

these plans all include 3G and t-mobile hotspots btw (never used hotspots but i have been told that they do) ;)

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Great choice.
* The ONLY real full Linux Kernel in a mobile Smartphone platform. (This is a MID in all intents and purposes).
* Support for QT programming and YES QT is compatible as an SDK on Mac.
* Hardware video acceleration - via TI OMAP 3430 + PowerVR graphics equal to the 3GS & Pre. (its ABOUT DAMN TIME Nokia, laggards)
* Ovi Store is getting better but still behind App Store.
* Applications will with some emulation be from S60 3rd/5th Edition; remains to be fully tested though.
* Multi-Touch is STILL missing.

we'll see. To be honest ... for now as stable and proven as Symbian is on S60 I'm done with the horrible menus, functions and limitations with lacking or compelling applications. So iPhone 3GS is for me.!!!

Esulatell

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2009
Well I had a 3 week old HTC Magic on Vodafone UK but sadly that got stolen, now i'm stuck with a £25 Vodafone 527!
Photoon2009-09-12at1751.jpg

Go on, laugh.

Hopefully i'll be getting one of these 3 babies soon though:
Screenshot2009-09-11at202943.png

PTA

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2007
dash

A few months back my g1 took on some water damage so I reverted back to my Dash....and fell in love with it again! The keyboard is perfect for email and sms. The homebrew windows mobile 6.1 also makes it a much better device.

t-mobile-mda-dash.jpg

paddy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2005
TN
Work phone:

samsung-f480-tocco1.jpg

Home phone:

95551_nokiae51.jpg

Some weapon of a phone. I'm loving all the Nokia love!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.