Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-SD-

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Peterborough, UK
HP Photosmart 5520. Very easy to set up with AirPrint, and the quality is excellent. It's fantastic to finally have a printer located where you want, with just a single power cord to hide, and be able to print from the Mini, iPad or iPhone. The wonders of modern technology....

It's also a scanner and copier, both of which work well enough for my needs.

imagepeff.jpg

:apple:

Last edited:

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
HP Photosmart 2600.

I need to buy a new since this one doesn't work anymore. Can't even scan. It was a great printer years ago but I'm going with another brand next time around.

Attachments

• IMG_1814.jpg
    IMG_1814.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 150

Micky Do

macrumors 68020
Aug 31, 2012
a South Pacific island
XEROX workcentre 3119

Mine's one of the first small relatively low priced laser-printers I saw on the market, the monochrome XEROX workcentre 3119, which cost about $US 130 in 2009.

That replaced an HP ink-jet, which was surplus to requirements at work, so the the boss gave it to me. I used it for several years, but go sick of it running out of black ink at inconvenient times. I never used colour.

I had a heck of a time getting a driver to use it with a Mac. XEROX hadn't yet got a driver for Mac on-line. The shop that sold it to me weren't very helpful. They put me on to the XEROX people in Bangkok, who suggested I pop in to Pantip Plaza, a small matter of 900 km (550 miles) away.

Eventually I went to the local Apple dealer. They were more helpful, locating and then e-mailing me a driver. It worked ok for printing, but when I updated to Snow Leopard I couldn't get the thing to scan. That was resolved when I updated to Mountain Lion, and a printer updated came through soon after.

Once I got on to paper that suited it, the workcentre has been ok for my needs. It seems a bit fussy about paper, jamming quite a bit with some types.

Attachments

• Xerox.jpg
    Xerox.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 129

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
So I was having some issues with my cheap Epson where the heads kept getting blocked. I took it back and exchanged it for another one but ended up with the same issue again.
Decided to exchange it (plus some cash) for a Cannon Pixma MG6350. Apart from the bigger footprint, I'm loving the duel internal paper trays and the software works better as well.

Attachments

• t_19748441.jpg
    t_19748441.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 373

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
My Epson 535WD is honestly the best inkjet I've owned....By now, I would probably have replaced it, but the updates keep coming, Abbey is updated and the scanner does an accurate 9600DPI in Pro mode...Ink is cheap too as long as you buy the non epson carts.....I use Ink Jungle...cheap, but colour is fine even in large prints...Highly recommended.

Attachments

• Epson.png
    Epson.png
    3 MB · Views: 155
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.