Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Works great with VMWare and VLC each in full screen (DVD player works too, but it wouldn't let me take a screenshot with DVD player, so I had to use VLC) :D

Attachments

• spaces.jpg
    spaces.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 282

Mac OS X Ocelot

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
I have not been priviliged enough to have a chance to see Leopard in person, so I have a few Spaces questions, if you'd humor me. Most of these are based on my experience with Linux.

1) Can you assign certain apps to only open in certain spaces? Like if I want Safari to only open in Space 3 and I'm in Space 1 and click the Safari icon will it take me to Space 3 or open a page in Space 1?

2) Can you have, say, Adium open in all of your spaces at once so you can monitor your chats from any space?

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
I have not been priviliged enough to have a chance to see Leopard in person, so I have a few Spaces questions, if you'd humor me. Most of these are based on my experience with Linux.

1) Can you assign certain apps to only open in certain spaces? Like if I want Safari to only open in Space 3 and I'm in Space 1 and click the Safari icon will it take me to Space 3 or open a page in Space 1?

2) Can you have, say, Adium open in all of your spaces at once so you can monitor your chats from any space?

1. yes, if you have safari assigned to space 3 and your in space 1 it will switch to space 3.

2. yes, you can assign an app to open in any space. but say if that apps open in space 1 another window wont open if your in space 2, you just switch back to space 1.

So spaces seems kinda neat, but having all those apps open like that. Doesn't it eat up your ram big time?

yup! thats why if your use spaces and your a power user you need lots of ram. ive got 1.5 gigs which if fairly decent

nlivo

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2007
Ballarat, Australia
One for Doing Stuff™ and the other for iTunes™

wow, it actaully really annoys me how you have organized your playlists and the way you use them. I know that it won't matter to you about what I think but I'm just expressing my opinion. Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting my copy of leopard soon.

Markleshark

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2006
Carlisle, Up Norf!
wow, it actaully really annoys me how you have organized your playlists and the way you use them. I know that it won't matter to you about what I think but I'm just expressing my opinion. Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting my copy of leopard soon.

lol, fair enough. Just a playlist for each album I have. I find it a lot easier to find albums that way.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003

It actually really annoys me how you expressed your opinion here. WTF do you care how he organizes his playlists? :rolleyes:

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Heres mine, i actually have more than one Sticky on that space but it doesn,t appear in Spaces view

Picture 3.png

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory

Lol. You need to get out more.

Anyway I think Spaces is going to be a big time saver when I finally get my hands on Leopard on Saturday. Having GIMP, FCP, Safari and iTunes all in separate windows will help immensely.

You just know Spaces is going to be abused in schools though. Look at dodgy stuff and just go to another space if a teacher comes over. I know I would have when I was at school :).

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
Just thought this thread was fun so I decided to start it up again :p

And the previous thread is too old so I was afraid of bumping it...Then again, I am bumping this but this thread is not so old. :p

Here's mine. I need 4GB :(

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    388.8 KB · Views: 150
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.